OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toyo Open Country AT@t2 LT compared to Bridgestone d697LT or BFG AT KO Yokohoma GO12

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toyo Open Country AT@t2 LT compared to Bridgestone d697LT or BFG AT KO Yokohoma GO12

Hi there

Looking at buying a set of tyres from the choices above mainly for highway use and towing 2.5 tonne caravan to go on a Patrol wagon 2010 model. Toyo AT2 are slightly cheaper, but cost is not the main factor. Mainly thinking of Toyo versus Bridgestone until tyre dealer also suggested Yokohama and BFG as other options.

Appreciate any thoughts

Have a good day
    Last edited by warek; 4th September 2015 at 10:11 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Bridgestone D697 and they are a tough tyre. Gone through rocks, deserts, mountains and mud. No problems with them.
    I have had them on for 40000km and the two that where on the front have 6mm of tread left. The other two where rotated with the spare (due to puncture) and have about 8mm of tread left. I will probably leave them on for another 10000km but don't want them too low as i do lot of off road.
    Some of the others may have higher mileage such as the BFG.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bridgestone on my 2010 patrol and find them to be good general purpose tyre. Quiet on road but aggressive enough to handle it off track. For the driving you suggest they be good. Think i got around 60k off last set but again all depends how hard you press on the middle and right hand pedals.
    2010 GU, 2in lift, old man emu suspension, duellers, arb bullbar, dual batteries, safari snorkel, scangauge2, rhino rack platform, saving for more......

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    maybe get a pic of both side by side , access which you think may be quieter,
    check tread depth of both, don't forget to rotate every 5000 for even wear
    and longevity
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. When I priced tyres at Bob Jane Tmarts he said we dont sell Toyo and suggested that meant they were not as good. Current pricing for Bridgestone D697 LT is 300 fitted with free alignment if I buy 4. Is this a good price and would it be important to get a tyre rotation every 5000 km as part of the purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbo View Post
    I have bridgestone on my 2010 patrol and find them to be good general purpose tyre. Quiet on road but aggressive enough to handle it off track. For the driving you suggest they be good. Think i got around 60k off last set but again all depends how hard you press on the middle and right hand pedals.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    300 fitted seems to be a good price,i bought a set of 697's a cou[ple of months ago and it cost me 360 a tyre fitted,country price in WA mind you.
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i think that is a reasonable price with alignment. Cant remember what i paid and moving house so cant dig it out at the moment. If you can get them to do a rotation every 5k as part of the price then good luck to you. Most wont. Will definitely increase the life of your tyres.
    2010 GU, 2in lift, old man emu suspension, duellers, arb bullbar, dual batteries, safari snorkel, scangauge2, rhino rack platform, saving for more......

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank all contributors for their suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbo View Post
    Yeah i think that is a reasonable price with alignment. Cant remember what i paid and moving house so cant dig it out at the moment. If you can get them to do a rotation every 5k as part of the price then good luck to you. Most wont. Will definitely increase the life of your tyres.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the 697s on they are a great tyre I sold my car they had 53 k on them and were still great on and off road. try Costco to buy them there tyres come with rotation within their price but I only purchased 4 I recommend buying 5
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I careless never rotated the spare wheel so it is new, I guess a 5 wheel rotation is no out of the question in the future. I now have a best price of 270 a tyre plus care plan including future rotation and balancing. I spend too much time researching and after several hours on the Pajero forum as well reading about Bridgestone D697 tyres I am distracted by the very good reports on Pirelli Scorpion ATR. Seem to be quieter and better wet weather grip on sealed roads and are the same price, keep reminding myself that my use is 99% sealed row with some towing .

Have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by kevin07 View Post
    I had the 697s on they are a great tyre I sold my car they had 53 k on them and were still great on and off road. try Costco to buy them there tyres come with rotation within their price but I only purchased 4 I recommend buying 5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast