About a month ago I started the process of changing the timing belt on my 98 rd28.... Fairly straight forward job (I thought) but I've run into some corrogations along the way, here's the list:
-removal of crank timing cog (it had no puller holes and I wasnt game to drill any so I got creative with some hose clamps and puller bolts wrapped heavily In duct tape)
-Next I noticed some play in the cam timing cog....enter hairline crack above locating pin, the slop had also badly pitted the cog so new cam and gear ordered from japan (amayama trading, about half the price of Nissan if anyone's interested)
While I had the tappet cover off I decided to pull the injectors and get them tested since she blows a bit of smoke under load....spanner on injector slipped off and I wrapped the spill line around number 1 injector and severed the little wire (and most off my knuckles)

This is were I'm at now, injectors are off to be checked, ordered a new spill line from Nissan ($65, rather reasonable) and I'm waiting to hear back about the chance of saving number one injector.

Don't get me wrong I love tinkering and problem solving but if anyone's had any experience with these things on an rd28 (specifically number 1 injector) and can offer any advice it'd be much appreciated 😁

Also ordered a new harmonic balancer bolt 👍