OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Scratching my head... Can you identify that noise?

Driving the Beerbulance around the Tweed Coast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scratching my head... Can you identify that noise?

Hi guys.
    I have been listening to a squeak getting worse over the last few weeks. I am wondering if you have ever had the same squeak? I am kind of expecting to hear that it is break pads, but am curious if anyone else is able to shed some light.

33's, 2' lift, Snorkel, Warn XD95000 Winch (Just exploded... July 2014), UHF, 6 Point Cage, and no clue on how to use any of it... I drove over a gutter once!!! and it wasn't the rounded variety either!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,492 Times in 6,597 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmmmmmmm thought it was a bush until the end..... Where did he say it was coming from? Back wheel?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Back right.
    33's, 2' lift, Snorkel, Warn XD95000 Winch (Just exploded... July 2014), UHF, 6 Point Cage, and no clue on how to use any of it... I drove over a gutter once!!! and it wasn't the rounded variety either!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tail shaft uni I reckon
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Grease them up and see if it changes, but is bet my left nut nearly.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can do. Cheers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the late reply, Greased up ALL of the unis as they were bone dry! I must have forgotten to do them on the last oil change, and I am guessing that the mechanic didn't do it on the one before that either. To cut a long story short though, it is coming from the brakes I think. There is a piece of tin coming out of the caliper that is rubbing on the brake disc. these must be the mysterious "squealer pads" that I have never seen or heard before? Dropping it into the mechanics tomorrow to install a new clutch master/slave cylender, taller lift (brake lines and castor kit), tie rod and now brakes. Hopefully she drives straight with no wobbles or squeaks when the PooTroll comes back in the afternoon.

Cheers

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscuits For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (30th August 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Grease them up and see if it changes, but is bet my left nut nearly.
    Very lucky Darren, bet my lefty once at the Boho Bounce years ago
    said an old style MU wouldnt do a bog hole, lefty is still tied to the fence from memory,, sigh
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there