Thread: Xr6 G6e turbo seats

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xr6 G6e turbo seats

Hey guys has anyone put xr6, g6e etc seats into a patrol but modified the ford rails? Want to get rid of the patrol ones that use the bit wire between them. Also has anyone done it and kept the electronic adjustment? I've got a set of g6e turbo seats to into my gq but want to know if anyone done it before pulling everything part and trying haha. Have seen posts of installs but everyone removes electronic adjustment and puts the gq rails on

Thanks guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There was a thread here a couple of years ago where a guy fitted a heap of stuff from an xr6 into a gq. Engine, aircon etc he may have done seats too but I can't remember. Also not sure if the xr6 and xr6 g6e would be the same.... Aaanndd I can't remember what his thread was called.... So I'm not much help after all Haha.
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah haha know the thread you're talking about I think he swapped dash and everything haha was a good read. Every thread I've seen online on all forums and Facebook people seem to just swap the passengers side to drivers and bolt onto the patrol rails(with a few mods) no one seems to keep the electronic adjustment and mod the ford rails to fit into a gq a guy in Perth has nodded to suit a gu using ford rails etc

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be very interested in finding out as well. Have just got a set to go into my ute. They are also out of a ute so have the quick release hinge thingy to lay the seat forward. Only picked them up tonight and haven't really had a play yet but just by the looks of it so far the Ford rails are going to be too wide and perhaps also too long for starters. My ford seats only have the electrics for the drivers, not sure if that is normal. So thinking about cutting the 2 cross braces down to be able to get the desired width. Still going to need to make brackets to pick up the seat bolts as would then be narrower. Not going to be a 5 minute job, but gonna give it a go and see what happens. Worst case can put them back on the gq rails if it all goes pear shaped! Will keep you posted. Also sing out if you find out any more info.