OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for a NSFW thread???????????

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great idea Clunky, this has been talked about previously mate.
    I will continue to delete any posts that I deem unsuitable for our family orientated forum.
    I know that some may think I am a bit over the top on my moderation, but I will continue to do so until I am told different by AB
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Woof For This Useful Post:

AB (20th August 2015), Clunk (20th August 2015), Cuppa (20th August 2015), nissannewby (20th August 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    So what about a thread that's locked, only for forum sponsors to see/access, can't be seen by nowt else, not even google...... and if you choose to read, then do so at your own risk
    I reckon the problem with that idea is the likelihood that the forum will transition into a private forum behind the sponsors blind. Having the threads tick over is healthy for the forum: the Meme thread is harmless enough, if things are a little more relaxed in the memes thread it is a sign of the times, Memes are the new way making a joke, most are funny. There needs to be a line be in the sand for sure, our argument has always been we must protect the forum from google rankings, memes make it invisible. I'd be happy to scroll through that thread for a laugh. Maybe a language warning or banner colour change for that thread only or something.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (20th August 2015), NissanGQ4.2 (21st August 2015), Rossco (20th August 2015), Winnie (20th August 2015), Woof (20th August 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuppa View Post
    Great idea Clunky, this has been talked about previously mate.
    I will continue to delete any posts that I deem unsuitable for our family orientated forum.
    I know that some may think I am a bit over the top on my moderation, but I will continue to do so until I am told different by AB
    No issues with that mate...... I know you do what you think is right for the family friendly side of things and I know I have a habit of pushing boundaries.

But it would be good if this can be made to happen....... at least for your sanity hahahahaha

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

AB (20th August 2015), Avo (21st August 2015), Woof (21st August 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I reckon the problem with that idea is the likelihood that the forum will transition into a private forum behind the sponsors blind. Having the threads tick over is healthy for the forum: the Meme thread is harmless enough, if things are a little more relaxed in the memes thread it is a sign of the times, Memes are the new way making a joke, most are funny. There needs to be a lot be in the sand for sure, our argument has always been we must protect the forum from google rankings, memes make it invisible. I'd be happy to scroll through that thread for a laugh. Maybe a language warning or banner colour change for that thread only or something.
    Not if you only have one thread thats locked. Im not talking about a whole new board ........... there's plenty of clean threads here that keep the forum ticking

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This has been discussed a hundred times and crossed my mind a million more.

I think it's time to come up with a solution to suit us all and keep this place humming along with similar attributes on how it was built.

Ill get back to this thread tomorrow with an answer...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Clunk (20th August 2015), Winnie (20th August 2015), Woof (20th August 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes please!!!
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post

I think it's time to come up with a solution to suit us all and keep this place humming along with similar attributes on how it was built.

Cheers Boss...........

and once you've done that, can you get a crack on with the Redback roof top bags!!!!!!!!!!?????????
    Last edited by Clunk; 20th August 2015 at 10:35 PM.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post

Get a dog up ya..!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    Get a dog up ya..!!!!

I thought that was more your scene!!!!!!????/

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (20th August 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Not if you only have one thread thats locked. Im not talking about a whole new board ........... there's plenty of clean threads here that keep the forum ticking

I don’t think we should underestimate the influence having one ‘private area’ accessible by a few might have on the forum long term.
    I also fully understand that those who have access don’t need to look, but my view is that it is the absence of what some might find offensive or unpleasant which makes this forum one where we all want to be. I wouldn’t want to see that put at risk. We can each have different views about what influence a thread as being suggested might or might not have, but if I’m correct & it ends up having a negative or destructive influence, the problem is that it is too late by the time it is recognised. I’m no prude, but my preference would be for things to stay as they are. There are any number of other venues online for the ‘NSFW’ stuff.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Bob (21st August 2015), liftlid (21st August 2015), Woof (20th August 2015)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast