Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liftlid View Post
    Interesting typo I guess,
    By reading that you can't have them on the roof either
    Clunk Straight from Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads, no mention about being allowed on the roof either.

I am guessing here, but having lights at roof height / roof rack mounted would probably create some reflection off the bonnet. I read this in a previous post - The lamp/s must be installed in a way that the light produced does not cause the driver of the vehicle discomfort either directly or by reflection.

Years ago, more than twenty come to think of it, I heard / read that spot lights weren`t allowed to be mounted on top of bull / roo bar. Some thing to do with being in an accident and or some thing else to come in to contact with the spot lights being dislodged from their mounting point, causing the wind screen to be smashed. It could cause the driver to have an accident and not being able to have a clear view of where the driver be going.
    My two cents worth, if it`s worth that much.
    Last edited by Bush Ranger; 19th August 2015 at 07:17 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Having driving lights on top of the bullbar is a wank factor IMO.
    I have folded a piece of alloy checker plate that fits half way along
    my 40" light bar to give the illusion that there are Two lights up top.

Mr Scruby wont like anything above the bullbar, fishing rod holders included.
    He'd ban bullbars if he could but he cant so we have to work to keep things
    safe for all concerned

You dont need driving lightson top of the bullbar, thats easily proved.
    A single row 20 degree spot beam light bar is easy enough to mount
    below the top of the bullbar, or are we just getting lazy
    Last edited by threedogs; 19th August 2015 at 03:10 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id like to see the legislation that states 'LED lightbars are exempt to the ADR that states all lights must be mounted in pairs ' 2 , 4 etc - NOT 3 Round driving lights as I quite often see , cops / VICRDS have been giving us in trucks a hiding about light bars - knocking blokes off for ' having a single light fitted - not in pairs' , we've all contacted all the major light bar manufacturers- great whites rtc & the all say the same thing - they have to be fitted in pairs in most states . A few blokes have put a piece of black tape in the centre of their light bars to create an illusion of 2 seperate lights from a distance - not terribly successful. The local coppers around Benalla have a hatred for single light bars & have been writing up trucks & 4WDs as much as possible .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we got sent a memo at work about this and yes they do not need to be in pairs so long as the are in the centre of the car, and below the bonnet... nsw regs. not saying i like or dont like just what rms sent to us.
    can still be mounted in pairs. etc not changing the normal spot light rules just adding the light bars in to the rules, so standard spots old rules still apply.
    if its worth doin its worth over doin

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Trol View Post
    It's the same here in SA. Not allowed to be mounted above the bonnet line and have to be in the centre if only a single bar is used. That means it should be mounted under the bull bar centre loop and not on top. Many people have them mounted on top of the loop as they have regular lights mounted on the bull bar. I don't think the police are enforcing this at the moment but if they get a memo from up top they may start cracking down on it.
    I got done down here in SA for having spotties fitted to my roof baskets, the copper reconed no higher than 1.2m above the surface of the road, but there is a loophole...... they are worklights and independently operated from the vehicle lighting system from individual switches, also from the SAPOL training OIC they are generally ignored if they have covers over them when you are in the big smoke although that is all subject to the individual coppers attitude of course.

At least down here in SA there is no demerit point penalty just a fine, but it is still a real bone in the side issue with me as like most of us who travel bush tracks the idea is to save some lights in case of animal strike so you can at least get home...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hard mounting Light Bars and/or Spotties and calling them Work Lights won't work as a loophole as work lights can not legally be forward facing in any State.

You can only do it if they are on flexible ball mounts mounts etc independantly switched and facing rearwards when not in use.

The ADR that shuts the loophole so to speak states, no light can be mounted so as to dazzle other road users.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking about replacing my driving lights with a light bar (since one isn't working). Any one got some advice re wattage etc as I know nothing about these LED thingies?
    2004 GU III ST-L ZD30 5sp Manual
    Love that Leather

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update
    I have attached latest article allowing lights on the roof with some restrictions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    At the end of the day, all you have is yourself and all you need is your friends (and in our case our Patrol)
    2006 GUI1 4.2TDi Coil Cab "almost" standard

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard52 View Post
    Update
    I have attached latest article allowing lights on the roof with some restrictions.
    Just to add that this applied to QLD only. Other state regulations will vary.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also allowed in Vic lightbars roof vicroads email.jpg
    1st G60 Then MQ Now GU

12. The Following User Says Thank You to janderson For This Useful Post:

threedogs (22nd December 2015)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast