Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PEDAL throttle position sensor issue zd30

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As Boots suggests it may be something else, do you have gauges fitted.
    and is yes what is your boost range
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was this issue resolved as i have a mate that rang me this arfternoon he also has a 05 with the same issue and we were thinking it may be the tps also until i read this thread any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All

Sorry for late reply

I replaced the whole PEDAL assembly with tps. ( second hand off gumtree ). Problem fixed !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Limmy For This Useful Post:

morton2478 (9th April 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool thanks for the info he went out on a limb and ordered the senor any way so we will see in a few days what happens thanks again for your help

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May i ask how much u paid for this sensor as i need to buy one myself but the net just gives me all this random pricing so i have idea how it will be

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A thread revival but this issue is what I have experienced for three and a half years. It does not respond to throttle position very irregular with no real cause we can find.

ZD30 manual 2006. Not in the Vin range for replacement TPS.

I have NADS fitted and it is not showing over boost. My mechanic did back of the Turbo boost anyway but no improvement.

I had a new TPS fitted nineteen months ago and the issue went away for ten months before starting again.

I have today had the wiring harness checked and no issue. It failed again today while the auto electrician was driving with his diagnostic reader connected and again it read TPS fault. It has read this each time at my mechanics as well when it plays up.

It is past warranty with Nissan for that part at over $800. Do these things fail like this as the fault is identical? It will not accept acceleration then a few seconds later it works again.

It can go six months and not fault then it can do it often for a few days.

We have gone through so many things trying to resolve it. Fuel filters as well replaced. We think we have it beaten and back it comes!

Any advice appreciated.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graelin View Post
    A thread revival but this issue is what I have experienced for three and a half years. It does not respond to throttle position very irregular with no real cause we can find.

ZD30 manual 2006. Not in the Vin range for replacement TPS.

I have NADS fitted and it is not showing over boost. My mechanic did back of the Turbo boost anyway but no improvement.

I had a new TPS fitted nineteen months ago and the issue went away for ten months before starting again.

I have today had the wiring harness checked and no issue. It failed again today while the auto electrician was driving with his diagnostic reader connected and again it read TPS fault. It has read this each time at my mechanics as well when it plays up.

It is past warranty with Nissan for that part at over $800. Do these things fail like this as the fault is identical? It will not accept acceleration then a few seconds later it works again.

It can go six months and not fault then it can do it often for a few days.

We have gone through so many things trying to resolve it. Fuel filters as well replaced. We think we have it beaten and back it comes!

Any advice appreciated.
    Would one of them throttle controllers possibly help here? Like that EVC iDrive thing. Not sure at what point it takes over / by-passes the TPS, but it may take the unresponsiveness / lag out of it maybe?
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure where your looking for sensors. Patrolapart have them for just over $200. You can also get them out of Dubai for $85aud. Both are genuine and in stock.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good afternoon everyone! I have a problem with the gearbox. She does not see signals from the throttle position sensor. I installed such a sensor from another working machine - the situation did not change. Error number 3 in self-diagnosis and an error also appeared in the fluid temperature sensor in the automatic transmission. Please help me what to do? Which direction should we go?
    I checked errors in the gearbox using the Launch device. Error code 0A (throttle position sensor) and 10 (oil temperature sensor)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12