Thread: New tyre suggetions

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New tyre suggetions

So I'm in the market for some A/Ts. Currently running 33x12.5r15 maxxis bighorns but tread is getting low.
    I was quoted $350 per tyre for the cooper st maxxs but I then went to city discount tyres and the bloke said to me that falken wp/at were better and would last longer then the coopers. He rang the supplier and beat the price of the coopers by $20 each!
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with falken tyres or if anyone could suggest an alternative

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Birkin4500 For This Useful Post:

LaughingBeagles (25th December 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've run one set of Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's for 80,000ks, they have heaps of tread left, and I mean heaps. I've done about 60,000ks highway and 20,000 true off road over hard ass stones, corrugations etc in far north QLD. Judging how they've worn I'd say I'll get 120,000ks out of them before running into 1.6mm remaining. I run 40PSI on the highway, lower the tyre pressures to 25PSI on rock, 16PSI on sand (add life to them); they're one tough tyre.

P.S. I usually travel with approx 200kgs in the wagon and tow 750kgs behind me including the trailer weight

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkin4500 View Post
    So I'm in the market for some A/Ts. Currently running 33x12.5r15 maxxis bighorns but tread is getting low.
    I was quoted $350 per tyre for the cooper st maxxs but I then went to city discount tyres and the bloke said to me that falken wp/at were better and would last longer then the coopers. He rang the supplier and beat the price of the coopers by $20 each!
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with falken tyres or if anyone could suggest an alternative
    I run the cooper Maxx ST's and love them. Just out of curiosity, who quoted that price? That's bloody excellent.

Tap tap tap
    Looking for a 4WD Club in WA that caters solely for Patrol, Safari and Maverick owners? Click here to HERE to visit the Western Patrol Club. Click HERE for the Beagle Mobile Mods!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently have GT Radial Adventuro A/T and they are completely crap. On road grip is pretty good but they are crap off road and the sidewalls are very easy to damage.

I previously had a set of Maxxis Bighorns and they were great, and they are really cheap too.
    WARNING: Using a Tow Ball on any Snatch can KILL PEOPLE!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got 31 yoko's and ok when dry but wet bitumen they are awful. unless you like drifting, i'm also looking at new tyres but not in a rush cos i don't have a money tree
    if its worth doin its worth over doin

8. The Following User Says Thank You to garett For This Useful Post:

LaughingBeagles (25th December 2015)