User Tag List

Thread: Cleaning MAP sensor???

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cleaning MAP sensor???

Has anyone cleaned a MAP sensor for their CRD? I think mine is not sending the correct signal or on its way out.

I was driving home on Pt Wakefield Rd (110km/h limit) when I noticed my scangauge was displaying a steady 36.9MAP reading. Even when I backed off it was stuck on this reading. All the other x-gauge readings where changing as normal. My boost gauge also showed that the boost was behaving normally under load and when load was taken off engine.

The MAP reading then started changing again but was not matching what the boost gauge was showing. When I got to Adelaide the MAP reading stuck again but this time at 1.8 MAP and the car suddenly became very sluggish as the ECU cut fuel (thinking no boost). The boost gauge showed the correct boost for the revs. Even after switching the car off to refuel the MAP stayed at 1.8 MAP. I stopped for dinner and in the car park popped the bonnet and fiddled with the plug to the MAP sensor (wiggled and pushed in). I then went to dinner, came back and the MAP reading was as expected.

This may have been a loose plug (hope so) so will find out tomorrow if its still working. I am planning on pulling plug out and spraying the contacts with MAF cleaner. Does anyone know if you can clean the inside where the pressure sensor is? The MAF sensor has a little plastic tube that goes into the Intercooler housing where the pressure is measured. Should I squirt MAF cleaner down there?
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like it was a loose connection.
    1. Took off plug
    2. Sprayed MAF cleaner on all contacts
    3. Put plug back on
    4. Realised I have damaged clip on plug that keeps it secure
    5. Fixed with zip ties

Now car runs fine.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Trol For This Useful Post:

Gun517 (8th August 2016)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi mate. I had to clean up and re-tighten my MAP sensor when I fitted the new intercooler and the Boost gauge adapter (sits under the map sensor). I too noticed inconsistent readings between scangauge and the Boost gauge. Turns out i had a slight leak at the MAP sensor. Cleaned and re-fitted and all was good from there.
    2005 TD42TI

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Rock Trol (9th August 2015)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how to upgrade intake off 4.2 diesel engine

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Zip ties rule the world
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.