04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the Pedders Trak Ryder stuff on my Patrol and I got to admit it soaks bugger all up, it just tends to crash through everything. As funds permit they will be making an undignified exit...
    Cheers Rod

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocket55 For This Useful Post:

Rock Trol (27th July 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    OME all the way for me.
    Im keeping an eye on availability of the new bp-51 shock arb have done. Its a 51mm bore remote res with compression and rebound adjustment. They look awesome as well.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket55 View Post
    I've got the Pedders Trak Ryder stuff on my Patrol and I got to admit it soaks bugger all up, it just tends to crash through everything. As funds permit they will be making an undignified exit...
    So its not just me. I wasn't impressed with them either when they were still working. That's two strikes against them. I think they are made by Gabriel for Pedders.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Im keeping an eye on availability of the new bp-51 shock arb have done. Its a 51mm bore remote res with compression and rebound adjustment. They look awesome as well.
    Have you had a chance to look at the Terrain Tamer remote reservoir smoothie shock?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Have you had a chance to look at the Terrain Tamer remote reservoir smoothie shock?
    Just had a quick look. They look ok. It is always good if you can have rebound adjustment as well as compression. They are a little smaller at 46mm bore compared to the ome but if valved correctly shouldnt be an issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks I have an opportunity to get a set fitted for free. not holding my breathe
    but hopefully get a reply this week or next.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrain Tamer could be another option. Built in same factory as efs (cofap) in Brazil. Anyone had exp with TT shocks. Unfortunately I can't wait for TD to get his and review them. Need to sort out soon.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally made the purchase today. After asking about the OME and EFS I went with the Terrain Tamer TGS SERIES EXPANDED BODY SHOCK ABSORBER.
    I looked on the web and most reviews where positive about the TT stuff. It's made by COFAP so would be same quality to EFS and TT have a good reputation with honouring warranty (3 year/100,000 km). It's a big bore gas shock (40mm bore, 20mm shaft) so I am hoping it will last the distance, at least the warranty period.

I also had a look at the Terrain Tamer Pro series shockies and they do look good. They are about $400 a corner though so its similar to Koni RAIDs (but still cheaper). The TGS came in at $128 per corner with my 4WD club discount. For $514 all up if they are a half decent shock I will be happy. They certainly are big buggers though.

Has anyone else used the big bore Terrain Tamer's?

EDIT: I was checking part numbers on the net and the TT TGS shcks have the same part number as the Lovell's Gas Legend shocks.
    Last edited by Rock Trol; 4th August 2015 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terrain Tamer Expanded body shocks fitted

I had the Terrain Tamer Expanded body shocks fitted today. At first I thought they where valved a little soft but the car drove nicely and didn't wander over the road at rough/patched sections (60km/h). They are certainly valved softer than the OME Nitrochargers which had me a little worried that they might not work on the open road. I drove north out of Adelaide (Pt Wakefield Rd) and at 110 km/h the Patrol was steady as a rock. Changing lanes was no problem as the car was steady as well. Suspension felt supple over rough patches of the road and the car did not get pushed off its line.

I then turned off onto a dirt road in Virginia and went for a drive at 80km/h. The car was steady as a rock even when going over large pot holes. Kept its line and absorbed all the bumps. I am very happy with the set up as this is a new feeling for me. The original springs where so stiff that the car skipped over a lot of bumps and I felt every one of them. Once the springs where swapped for EFS units the car absorbed much more but was very jittery and needed constant correction from the driver to keep it straight. Finally the car drives as it should!!

As for the old shocks, the ARB Nitrochargers at the rear (152,000 km) where a little soft but still functioning. Happy with these. The Pedders Track Ryder foam cell units at the front where not destroyed as I suspected but still seemed to work OK (resistance both in and out). They are with Pedders at the moment getting tested. I suspect the new 120kg constant load springs at the front where just too much spring for the Pedders to handle.

As for Terrain Tamer longevity? Time will tell. Reviews I have read on the web are very promising.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast