Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing snorkel

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Removing snorkel

Hey I need to change my snorkel over on my recently bought gq, but I can't get it off. I have taken all nuts off Inside wheel arch but it seems to b glued there or something, any tips on how I can remove it? I've pulled on it quite hard but worried if I pull any harder risk panel damage.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You have removed the pillar mount screws too i take it. As far as i know there is only the three nuts on the inside which you have undone. The previous owner might have added some double side tape or similar to help seal around the guard.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Depending on installer, they may have silliconed inside connections for a tighter seal ?
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh the screws from the pillar are out , everything in bolted , it's defo on with some silicon or something, I'm thinking the only way to get it off is to try get a blade down there and try n cut it off but it's gonna do some serious paint damage , I'm hoping some1 might have a diff idea that doesn't involve any damage to anything

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you got a heat gun? Maybe get some heat up there to see if it unsticks what ever is holding it.
    If its double sided tape the heat gun will help. Not sure on silicone though.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daz172 View Post
    Yeh the screws from the pillar are out , everything in bolted , it's defo on with some silicon or something, I'm thinking the only way to get it off is to try get a blade down there and try n cut it off but it's gonna do some serious paint damage , I'm hoping some1 might have a diff idea that doesn't involve any damage to anything
    Can you get a wire down there and use it like a saw. May do less damage than a blade.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thinking , I will try all of those ideas , thanx, I will let you know how I get on

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I got snorkel off, b4 that had a moment where I realized I'm a real jackass lol , there was 1 bolt that I had missed last time , that was wat was holding it on lol and it was staring me right in the face lol, thanks for the help anyway

10. The Following User Says Thank You to daz172 For This Useful Post:

mudski (29th July 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    LOL you get that on the big jobs, glad you finally got it removed
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daz172 View Post
    So I got snorkel off, b4 that had a moment where I realized I'm a real jackass lol , there was 1 bolt that I had missed last time , that was wat was holding it on lol and it was staring me right in the face lol, thanks for the help anyway
    Glad you found the bolt. You would have been there a while trying to saw through it with a wire like I suggested.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast