User Tag List

Thread: Patrol GQ injectors

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patrol GQ injectors

G'Day all! Just curious about how much would you expect to pay to have injectors done, if i was to pull them out myself and put back in myself? Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you shop around you should be able to find someone who will do them for about $60 each (TD42).

Tony

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboss View Post
    G'Day all! Just curious about how much would you expect to pay to have injectors done, if i was to pull them out myself and put back in myself? Cheers
    I paid about $500 for changeover set for TD42 about 9 months ago. The set included new "crush" spacers and washers.

Be careful when taking the injectors out and especially when handling the "new" ones that no dirt gets into the top of the injector (can happen very easily) and the needles at the opposite end are capped and protected until you are ready to instal each injector so that the needles cannot be damaged.
    Also, when putting the "new" ones in double check that you remove the old crush spacers from the head and clean any dirt (especially carbon) from the seats.

Set aside about 2 hours for removal and about 2 hours for installation. If you do it quicker, that is a bonus.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tkn For This Useful Post:

GQNissan (15th January 2012)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine cost me $80 each to have them rebuilt and although they have done over 350,000k's I was told they were in reasonable condition. Could have something to do with using 100% bio diesel for the last 5 years.
    Keith.