OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diff ratio tyre size speedo gear (pinion)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help needed with pinion gear part number.

Hi everyone.
    Thanks for all the info provided about speedo correction and pinion gear tooth numbers.
    My 1990 Maverick (TD42) has had an incorrect speedo pinion gear fitted in the transfer case since I purchased the vehicle 3 years ago. The gear fitted had 19 teeth and with my 265/75/r16 (31.6”) tyres, the speedo reads around 15% below the actual road speed.
    To correct for this (and in preparation for slightly larger 33” tyres), I purchased a 16 tooth gear based on the advice provided above and other patrol forums. The part I ordered was 32703-31G16, and cost about $85 from my local Nissan dealer.
    At first glance, the part looked like an exact replacement with 16 teeth as required. Unfortunately, the diameter of the plastic gear was significantly smaller than the former 19 tooth gear. I installed the new 16 tooth gear, hoping that the gear in the transfer box might be spring loaded to take up the difference in size, but the spindle spins freely by hand once installed and therefore did not operate the speedo at all when test driven.
    Does anyone know if I’ve ordered the wrong part number for my needs? How can I find the correct part number?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks i am having speedo problems this will help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12