IMG_20130810_073223.jpgha ha it worked

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice set up! Looks self sufficient and a good setup for touring.
    Camp anywhere you want as long as the Patrol can get you there.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Pod Owner. Welcome. A Dx with factory wheel arch flares, running boards, window shields & a rooftop tent - just like mine (Although my rooftop tent has now been replaced with a Tvan). How do you have the interior set up. Pics would be good.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys ..this was on the way back from the cape ..I'll see if I can put some pic up of the inside tomorrow ..it has been all pulled out since the trip as it is my work ute ..going to build a camper trailer for the next trip..Savannah way

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just had a look at your build Cuppa ..looks like it would work really nicely ,mine has coils all round & so the weight can be a problem, to heavy & the fuel bill goes up very quickly, mines pretty standard just ST buckets ,3" system ,ST rims & a few bits & pieces inside the cab as well ..water tank & boxes 240 & 12v in the back & I have a couple of different racks for the top just whatever I'm putting on depends on which rack I use.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wd ute View Post
    just had a look at your build Cuppa ..looks like it would work really nicely ,mine has coils all round & so the weight can be a problem, to heavy & the fuel bill goes up very quickly, mines pretty standard just ST buckets ,3" system ,ST rims & a few bits & pieces inside the cab as well ..water tank & boxes 240 & 12v in the back & I have a couple of different racks for the top just whatever I'm putting on depends on which rack I use.
    Too heavy and you're also limited where you can go even if it is 4x4.
    Too many negitives, like you said fuel usage, and things will break,
    you can put money on that. Ive just read a build of Jamie from the 12v shop
    He has a great set up for remote destinations, and If you're familiar with
    Ron Moon his extended dual cab has been around the world and not broken a thing.
    What are your plans for the pod?
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes threedogs but if you set it up the best you can & don't go overboard with stuff then they will last ..keep the services up & don't go out of your way to break it then ..all helps ...I also have a 2006 wagon that sits in the shed 50th ks ST & goes no where...I did see that wright up on the 12v shop & he has done a lot of stuff to it ..I'm not that bad just as long as she keeps going & goes were I want it to I'm happy...I'll go around a bog hole rather than through it

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice setup