OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Low Power (Turbo, MAF, Swirl control?)

Threaded View

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low Power (Turbo, MAF, Swirl control?)

Hi I have a ZD30 Direct injection GUIII. When I start up everything is running fine but when I take off it's a different story. When I started pulling it apart the intercooler was full of oil same with the air induction. Was originally blowing smoke like mad, I have changed MAF, new aftermarket intercooler(old one was leaking) catch can, air cleaner, blocked EGR and new vacuum lines. This didn't fix the power issue only the smoke has gone away. Haven't installed EGT gauge yet but boost gauge is not showing boost when driving. On the throttle body intake air control actuator is moving and working, VNC actuator on the turbo is working and moving so I would guess the VNC solenoid is working. I have noticed swirl control actuator is not moving plus I don't know much about how the swirl works. All I could guess that it could be something with the swirl control or the boost sensor on the intercooler??? Boost gauge line runs off the intercooler just under the boost sensor. I have removed the gauge to test it and it works.

The mods that I have also done are Redback 3in system and tunit chip. Any help would be great as this is doing my head in.

intercooler.JPG
    Last edited by Marty73; 13th July 2015 at 06:42 PM. Reason: adding pic