Thread: Patrol Y62 Census

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patrol Y62 Census

Hi all been doing a bit of a census on the Aussie Patrol Y62 Facebook page, to get People to join in the mighty Y62 Community, get an idea of who's who and numbers of Y62s aboard etc.

Sooo if you haven't already Please join the Y62 Facebook page and follow the Y62 Census post or if not into Facebook please post on here a photo of Your Y62 Beast or if soon to purchase, your most likely buy with note of model ST-L, TI or TI-L so I can include you into the census. Thanks Heaps

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Errr hello....?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey mate, head over here and post an introduction please http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...-Introductions , it is something we like all new members to do
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry about that how rude of me... I'll do that right away

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sooo is there any Y62 Owners on here that I haven't already met?
    It looks like You have a lot of members and a great set up here was hoping to meet some new Y62 sympathisers

just for a bit of FYI so far the Y62 Census has is at roughly 60 Owners with Y62's ranging from mild to wild, and with most being significantly modified and regardless of mods doing big Aus trips and hitting local tracks. I realise this is only a sample of the reported 600 odd sales numbers in 2014 (http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257E7E0011475E) but as a percentage of those sampled, does well away from the ignorant claims that the Y62 is a big X-trail for soccer mums and grey nomads blah blah blah
    Anyway will be interesting to see the numbers once I count it all up. So as I said before, if your a Y62 Owner please put your hand up and be counted Thanks

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow... well I guess I got off on the wrong foot please let me explain. I am a member of the Patrol 4x4 forum, Y62 Facebook page and recently you have welcomed me here too obviously my main interest is in the Nissan Patrol Y62 as this is my weapon of choice, so here I am. firstly I would never try to take away from Your members here and was only trying to meet as many Y62 owners and interested parties in the beloved Y62 of which I am passionate about as much as any of your other members are passionate about their own 4x4 to defend my case, if you re-read my original post I said "if not into Facebook please post on here (this forum) a photo of Your Y62". It was in the context of a single request to all Y62 owners and interested parties. It was just a invitation for your members, if they liked, to additionally join into a larger community and specifically to be counted in a Y62 Census to get an insight into Y62 stats, with no intended connotation to leave this great forum. As for my absence and lack of contribution here all I can say is that with a baby on the way at the time (we had a Baby Girl last night by the way and lots going on, and no real response from your members I have only been checking on here a few times. If anyone has been offended by my bluntness in interest of the Y62 and requesting information and introduction to other specific Y62 owners please except my sincere apology. I hope that clears my name and puts you at easy about my intentions So in conclusion I am interested in meeting people with interest in the Y62 as a vehicle and am not a badge purest, basing interest off a vehicles own merits and that fact of ownership. I have no interest in people leaving this forum but only sharing in others and am interested to contribute information on the Y62 and general info that I know or am aware of, directly here or from any source. eg if I know of a answer already covered I will refer the question to that source... If that's not okay and nobody wants to share information or talk with me, I wouldn't worry about banning me as I will graciously just leave... Thanks for the warning and I hope to be sticking around

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Patrol Y62 For This Useful Post:

Stropp (17th July 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrol Y62 View Post
    Wow... well I guess I got off on the wrong foot please let me explain. I am a member of the Patrol 4x4 forum, Y62 Facebook page and recently you have welcomed me here too obviously my main interest is in the Nissan Patrol Y62 as this is my weapon of choice, so here I am. firstly I would never try to take away from Your members here and was only trying to meet as many Y62 owners and interested parties in the beloved Y62 of which I am passionate about as much as any of your other members are passionate about their own 4x4 to defend my case, if you re-read my original post I said "if not into Facebook please post on here (this forum) a photo of Your Y62". It was in the context of a single request to all Y62 owners and interested parties. It was just a invitation for your members, if they liked, to additionally join into a larger community and specifically to be counted in a Y62 Census to get an insight into Y62 stats, with no intended connotation to leave this great forum. As for my absence and lack of contribution here all I can say is that with a baby on the way at the time (we had a Baby Girl last night by the way and lots going on, and no real response from your members I have only been checking on here a few times. If anyone has been offended by my bluntness in interest of the Y62 and requesting information and introduction to other specific Y62 owners please except my sincere apology. I hope that clears my name and puts you at easy about my intentions So in conclusion I am interested in meeting people with interest in the Y62 as a vehicle and am not a badge purest, basing interest off a vehicles own merits and that fact of ownership. I have no interest in people leaving this forum but only sharing in others and am interested to contribute information on the Y62 and general info that I know or am aware of, directly here or from any source. eg if I know of a answer already covered I will refer the question to that source... If that's not okay and nobody wants to share information or talk with me, I wouldn't worry about banning me as I will graciously just leave... Thanks for the warning and I hope to be sticking around
    Dont mind Tuppa mate, he's just protective of this forum, as we all are. Congrats on the new addition to your family too.

You've probably noticed that we dont have too many members with Y62s here, so if you wouldnt mind helping us out with new info and experiences on these motors, it would be greatly appreciated I'm sure. I find it's so much easier to find info on forums than it is on FB pages.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (16th July 2015), Rossco (16th July 2015), Winnie (16th July 2015)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As clunk has said.... Facebook is killing the forums for revenue to survive and although i use Facebook i find the forums much better for collecting and storing information.. Facebook can get frustrating seeing the same fricking questions asked again..

We need more y62 owners to share in general whether its mods or trips and so on... get apart of our community instead of trying to start one somewhere else..

Look forward to you sharing.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (16th July 2015), Winnie (16th July 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    As clunk has said.... Facebook is killing the forums for revenue to survive and although i use Facebook i find the forums much better for collecting and storing information.. Facebook can get frustrating seeing the same fricking questions asked again..

We need more y62 owners to share in general whether its mods or trips and so on... get apart of our community instead of trying to start one somewhere else..

Look forward to you sharing.
    Agree with everything. Fb is often inhabited with opinionated idiots. This forum does encourage peeps to give an opinion when they know somthing and learn from others when they don't. Typical example on a camping group page on FB the other day a guy had posted some video of him doing a river crossing. First comment "I dun deeper rivers than that". Helpfull? - not really.
    Viva la forum.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (16th July 2015), mudski (16th July 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just read your reply and have reinstated the deleted post and removed mine mate.
    Hopefully your reply will satisfy our concerned members..........................and a big congratulations on the arrival of your little one
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woof For This Useful Post:

Clunk (16th July 2015), katwoman (17th July 2015), Stropp (17th July 2015)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast