Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dick Cepek Fun Country Anyone?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dick Cepek Fun Country Anyone?

Currently i run the federal couriga mud terrain in a 33" tyre and tbh i hate them, keep going out of balance and wearing extreamly quick. Very slippery on the road when wet as well.

Have been looking at the new Dick Cepek Fun Country, a pretty aggressive all terrain.
    I know the old FC-II was a great tyre and was wondering of anyone was running these new fun country, interested too hear some feedback on them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Qualified Auto-Electrician
    Apprentice Sparky

Dont own a Patrol or any 4WD at the moment, hopefully will change into the future

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fletch, you are me 6 months ago mate.

My federals got an honest 20k Max although they were great offroad, longevity was a disaster.

I know everyone brags about km2 and I have gone that way myself now and will not look back mate.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

mudski (3rd July 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Fletch, you are me 6 months ago mate.

My federals got an honest 20k Max although they were great offroad, longevity was a disaster.

I know everyone brags about km2 and I have gone that way myself now and will not look back mate.
    I mean i got my federals for free so that was good, came on the troll brand new when i bought it. I have run bighorns and km2's before and i would never recommend the federals again unless u wanted a tyre that was for a weekend play toy. They are useless on the road.

The tyre bloke also suggested too look at the km2 again, just tossing up weather i really need too run a mud tyre. Some of these all terrains are starting too get pretty chunky now ive noticed. Just dont wanna regret my decision haha
    Apprentice Sparky

Dont own a Patrol or any 4WD at the moment, hopefully will change into the future

6. The Following User Says Thank You to big_fletch For This Useful Post:

AB (3rd July 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_fletch View Post
    I mean i got my federals for free so that was good, came on the troll brand new when i bought it. I have run bighorns and km2's before and i would never recommend the federals again unless u wanted a tyre that was for a weekend play toy. They are useless on the road. The tyre bloke also suggested too look at the km2 again, just tossing up weather i really need too run a mud tyre. Some of these all terrains are starting too get pretty chunky now ive noticed. Just dont wanna regret my decision haha
    I won't hijack your thread anymore as I hope others can comment on your thread but even on road usage where mark hardly went offroad got 90k and to me personally they are great on road for a mud terrain.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Winnie (3rd July 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I won't hijack your thread anymore as I hope others can comment on your thread but even on road usage where mark hardly went offroad got 90k and to me personally they are great on road for a mud terrain.
    Hijack away mate, im open too all opinions haha. Good too hear the km2's are still getting such a great review. Its another tyre thats on my list so will keep it in mind
    Apprentice Sparky

10. The Following User Says Thank You to big_fletch For This Useful Post:

AB (3rd July 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How much a corner Fletch?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    How much a corner Fletch?
    Prices from bob jane in shepparton without bargaining them down.
    33 12.5.15 - $340
    285 75 16 - $350
    305 70 16 - $410
    33 12.5 17 - $450
    Apprentice Sparky

13. The Following User Says Thank You to big_fletch For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (4th July 2015)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I havehte km2's and they are great. But i run the bfg AT's on the road and yeah i reckon these would do pretty much anything the km2's would. Except for say like a big slippery hill where you need the extra grip.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

big_fletch (3rd July 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I havehte km2's and they are great. But i run the bfg AT's on the road and yeah i reckon these would do pretty much anything the km2's would. Except for say like a big slippery hill where you need the extra grip.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Yer thats where my logic is going at the moment, i use my patrol as a tourer not really as a weekend play toy. A nice agressive A/T should do everything that im going too want too do, winch is backup if required and planning on putting a front locker in shortly so should have all my bases covered
    Apprentice Sparky

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went though this a few weeks back I my heart set on get another set of km2 on some alloys had a really good price, but after I toned down my testosterone in reality my misses uses it as a daily driver and it spends 90% of the time on road at the moment due to my FIFO work.
    I ended up looking at ATZ P3, ST Maxx, General grabber SRL, BFG KO2 and Toyo open country AT II
    The Toyo AT II won in the end as it best suited my needs I wanted a wider tyre but around the 32" size (so I didnt loose power) with a decent tread pattern, price also helped ended up getting them for $240 on a price match fitted compared to $440 for the ATZ P3 which was my other choice
    GU8 Simpson Pack-Auto 2" lift, Dual Batts

18. The Following User Says Thank You to vfamily For This Useful Post:

big_fletch (4th July 2015)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast