Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello from Norway - MK 260 "bastard"

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to have you aboard, welcome to the forum, and don't forget to ask plenty of question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodeS View Post
    Hello.
    Is this the one advertised on finn? I had a look at it a couple of weeks ago, and had a hard time figuring it out. A 1981 260 doesn't "add up", but now I got the explanation.
    Yup, that's exactly right, Frode. I barely knew the guy, but I got a very good deal. He's got nill information on it himself, but me and Bruno figured out it was probably the only 260 wagon in Norway. Too bad it's not in a better condition, and even worse that I don't really have the resources right now to fix her all up - but I'll try my best. You know how it is (?) :P

260 mounted on a Datsun MK Patrol's frame. Someone has been really dedicated, doing all the dirty work of completing that build.

-G

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently "found" a 90 somewhat 260 wagon close to home (Eidsvoll). It was sitting in a field, looking really sad, with the roof chopped of and the interior looking like hell (after three years with no roof). Imported from South Africa to England to Norway. Supposed to be the 4,2, but turned out, it had the 2,8. Ended up with a friend buying it for spares. He has a SWB 260. You'll find more of them in the UK. Importing a part car isn't that mouch truouble.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodeS View Post
    I recently "found" a 90 somewhat 260 wagon close to home (Eidsvoll). It was sitting in a field, looking really sad, with the roof chopped of and the interior looking like hell (after three years with no roof). Imported from South Africa to England to Norway. Supposed to be the 4,2, but turned out, it had the 2,8. Ended up with a friend buying it for spares. He has a SWB 260. You'll find more of them in the UK. Importing a part car isn't that mouch truouble.
    Really interesting, as all the Nissan dealers and Bruno stated that they had never seen a 260 "bastard" rebuilt MK/MQ in Norway - but that was a high-roof one? A bloody shame that it wasn't a TD42 though!
    No, just importing a car is not so much trouble if you do it through proper Tollvesen-offices. I worked with vehicle import in Kirkenes/Murmansk, and the Toll there was more or less useless. They didn't know anything about their work at all - ridiculous! Importing a car is fair and square - registering it and making it street-legal is most of the time a major pain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123