User Tag List

Thread: Fuel App......

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuel App......

Not sure where to post this, but I find this app very useful. It's a crowd sourced app, like Wikicamps, and it's made by the same people..... and it's free....

http://fuelmap.com.au/
    GROOVY GUVII

2" Toughdog Lift, Ctek D250S, 152AH AGM Battery, Homemade Battery Box, Duel Rear Cameras, GME TX3510W UHF, Alloy Roof Rack, Kings 2.5m Awning, Titan Drawers.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clubbyr8 For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (24th June 2015), AB (24th June 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I came across this a few days ago. It’s very early days for the app just yet, & has some inaccurate info, (e.g. location of some servos), but should become a lot better as more & more folk use it. I also managed to make the app crash (iPad IOS 8.3) by adding a new car to the fuel consumption section & then deleting it. Only solution was to delete the app & re-install it. I have contacted Russell to let him know of the ‘bug’. I reckon it promises to be a useful guide (as opposed to gospel truth) like Wikicamps, although with fuel prices it will depend upon folk updating as often as servos change their prices - could be a big ask!
    Elsewhere folk have asked questions about the possibility of servos changing the info about their competitors to give themselves an advantage. Time will tell whether such behaviour occurs.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Yep, I came across this a few days ago. It’s very early days for the app just yet, & has some inaccurate info, (e.g. location of some servos), but should become a lot better as more & more folk use it. I also managed to make the app crash (iPad IOS 8.3) by adding a new car to the fuel consumption section & then deleting it. Only solution was to delete the app & re-install it. I have contacted Russell to let him know of the ‘bug’. I reckon it promises to be a useful guide (as opposed to gospel truth) like Wikicamps, although with fuel prices it will depend upon folk updating as often as servos change their prices - could be a big ask!
    Elsewhere folk have asked questions about the possibility of servos changing the info about their competitors to give themselves an advantage. Time will tell whether such behaviour occurs.
    That's Apple for you...

Early days yet, but seems a few people round here (Penrith, NSW) are using it. When I got this last week there was no local pricing info, now the map is full of pricing. I too had issues with servos being in the wrong place or they no longer exist. I have deleted them but they still appear. Caltex seems to be notorious for incorrect locations, the address is correct nut the location is wrong on the map. Going to the Caltex site and the locations are the same. There's a limitation in moving a location within the app, it's set at 500m, so if the location is out by more than that, you can move the icon in a number of steps, or add a new listing and delete the old. I chose the latter.

Time will tell if this app is a success, but seems to work quite well.....
    GROOVY GUVII

2" Toughdog Lift, Ctek D250S, 152AH AGM Battery, Homemade Battery Box, Duel Rear Cameras, GME TX3510W UHF, Alloy Roof Rack, Kings 2.5m Awning, Titan Drawers.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard back from the Fuel Map people thanking me for letting them know about the bug. They have now fixed it with version 1.02 but said it will probably take a couple of weeks for Apple to update the version in the app store. There has also been talk about extending the 500m location change (to 1km I think).

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard back from the Fuel Map people thanking me for letting them know about the bug. They have now fixed it with version 1.02 but said it will probably take a couple of weeks for Apple to update the version in the app store. There has also been talk about extending the 500m location change (to 1km I think).
    There was a new version released on July 1, but hasn't hit the Google store yet, has it reached the Apple store?
    GROOVY GUVII

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was on the App Store on 30th June!

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was on the App Store on 30th June!
    Interesting. Android version is 1.0.6 and was updated 17th June. Yet in Wikicamps they mention an update released on 1st July, maybe it was the Apple version.....
    GROOVY GUVII

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    V. 1.0.2 for iOS - must’ve had more bugs in the Android versions I guess. The 1.0.2 iOS version specifically mentions the bug I informed them about.

It seems that whatever OS you run it on, they are very responsive to reports which bodes well for the app’s future.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have a look at http://petrolspy.com.au/ it's more accurate and has more data