Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drinking Water availability - Birdsville or Mt Dare

Can anyone tell me if either of the above locations have potable water for travellers to re-fill the tanks? eg. 50 litres or more via hose.

Cheers
    Will be passing through in a couple of weeks.
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,943 Times in 3,161 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be able to get water from both locations but it will be bore water so I would not drink it without treating it.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    X 2 with above and dont use in your radiator
    under any circumstances, far too many minerals
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, thanks for the info.
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was there in 2013 every store and servo was selling 10 litre boxes (silver bladders) of drinking water ($10). A little pricey but a much safer bet than drinking out of the tap.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,451 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Trol View Post
    When I was there in 2013 every store and servo was selling 10 litre boxes (silver bladders) of drinking water ($10). A little pricey but a much safer bet than drinking out of the tap.
    That is all I use when travelling. Buy 3 just for drinking.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,943 Times in 3,161 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    That is all I use when travelling. Buy 3 just for drinking.
    In 2010 most supplies had run out when we got to Birdsville as due to the flooding the supply truck had not been able to get there so I would not rely on there being boxes of water.
    The pub even run out of Coopers so we had to change to Scotch as no other beer is worth drinking.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

FNQGU (4th October 2016), Rock Trol (22nd June 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    In 2010 most supplies had run out when we got to Birdsville as due to the flooding the supply truck had not been able to get there so I would not rely on there being boxes of water.
    The pub even run out of Coopers so we had to change to Scotch as no other beer is worth drinking.
    I had a 40 litre water tank in the car that I kept as reserve and bought water on the way up to use for drinking and general duties. Even though I carted the water from Adelaide it was handy to have across the Simpson trip as I knew it was good quality.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had a 40 litre water tank in the car that I kept as reserve and bought water on the way up to use for drinking and general duties. Even though I carted the water from Adelaide it was handy to have across the Simpson trip as I knew it was good quality.
    yeah i ran a 60lt water bladder for cooking and cleaning and my drinking was in the casks. I carried all of them from Melbourne but bought if i needed and they were available. At a push i would have drank from my bladder but it was Melbourne water anyway.

Casks are easy to pack and are nicely managed in 10lt boxes.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    Must have been sh1t

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Stropp (22nd June 2015)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast