OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those that add 2-stroke oil..

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those that add 2-stroke oil..

Bit of a long read..... drugs are bad ok !!!!

http://www.fuelexpert.co.za/2-stroke...ical-study.php

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

garett (18th June 2015), mudnut (18th June 2015), MudRunnerTD (18th June 2015), mudski (18th June 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    after reading the abstract it clearly says don't use it on crd engines. but I read here the majority of people using it here are 4.2 which really were not built for this new diesel so probably good to use.
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It talks about injector fouling due to the trace metals in the 2 stroke oil being a potential issue on CRD motors then goes on to say that this fouling could be worse on older type engines. They essentially poo poo the idea of 2 stroke oil in diesel.

I guess you also need to consider that this report is from a fuel producing company reporting on their own fuel if I understand it correctly. So it's unlikely they'll admit their fuel can be improved upon by a simple additive. Equally I guess it would be disappointing with the millions they spend on R&D on fuel formulas they we the "uneducated" general public can improve it for $20.

Real word experiences show it make your engine quieter, but at what internal cost if any is the million dollar question I guess.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,425 Times in 6,261 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah interesting read...

CONCLUSIONS
    Based on the results of this study, the following conclusions are drawn:

At a 200:1 volumetric blending ratio, 2-stroke oil has a negligible effect on diesel lubricity.
    All diesel fuel sold in South Africa has to meet the SANS 342:2014 lubricity specification to ensure the proper protection of diesel fuel pumps and injector systems.
    The low sulphur diesel products sold by Sasol contain lubricity improver additives which are far more effective than 2-stroke oil.
    At a 200:1 volumetric blending ratio, 2-stroke oil has a negligible effect on diesel cetane number.
    No measurable effect on all other regulated diesel properties was measured at a 200:1 dose of 2-stroke oil in diesel.
    2-stroke oil can contain around 16ppm zinc, or higher depending on the formulation and batch.
    Trace amounts of zinc in diesel are known to rapidly accelerate injector nozzle deposits.
    Engine test results show that a 200:1 blend of 2-stroke oil in diesel results in a 2% loss of engine power in a 16 hour test due to injector fouling, a risk that would apply to any common rail diesel engine, but could also worsen fouling in older engines.
    Vehicles fitted with a diesel particulate filter (DPF) in the exhaust system could experience reduced DPF life due to the collection of ash and metal based contaminants in the filter over time with the continued use of 2-stroke oil.
    The abovementioned results should hopefully clear up many of the public misconceptions around the use of 2-stroke oil in diesel and highlight why both oil companies & engine manufacturers do not recommend the addition of any after-market additives, ie. 2-stroke oil, to the fuel tank. It is also good advice to use fuels from reputable outlets backed up by the technical support of a competent fuel company to enable the best engine performance and durability.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

Dave_H (19th June 2015)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did use it in my Di. The motor was quieter, thats for sure, extra power? Well, not sure but I know that my fuel consumption was slightly better. As we did a trip to Merimbula last Jan, car fully loaded and towing the camper at around 1.5T. I made it to Eden on 75L, which is around 570K's. The year before doing the same trip I had to fill up in Cann River 460k's. I still had a little in the tank but would not have made it to Eden. Other factors could have contributed to this, I don't know, I haven't bothered to use it since. Pure lazyness moreso...
    Yeah but for the CRD motors, I wouldn't be using this.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I only use it if Im emptying the tank in one go
    ie up the Murray and back,
    Quieter yes smoother yes better fuel nah I dont think so
    maybe a placebo effect
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

10. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

mudski (18th June 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added Flashlube Diesel Conditioner (mainly oil) and 2-stroke (not at same time) to my old Pajero 2.8 diesel and it made a big improvement. A lot quieter and smoother. When I tried it on the CRD I could not notice a difference.
    I still use the Flashlube occasionally at 1000:1 (1ml/1litre) as it also has an injector cleaner component but I might do it less often in the future as I think most of it is oil (2-stroke) with a small amount of shellite according to the Materials Data Sheet I found on the net a couple of years ago.
    I think if you have a CRD don't use it as you are just burning money for nothing.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2 stroke is good. There is even an injector company who has done testing with injectors. Even showing the results to denso showing the effect.

Nothing wrong with it at 200:1.

Guess you shouldnt run engine oil either due to trace metals in it that might clog up your engine galleries.....

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (1st July 2015), Dave_H (19th June 2015), mudski (18th June 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 516 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just makes me think of the 2 stroke suzies the only 4b that sounded like a bike ! Ning ning ning ning to 4th gear and flat out at 70k
    If ya not using it buy a prius .....

Thanks
    Thanked 12,425 Times in 6,261 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaddy View Post
    Just makes me think of the 2 stroke suzies the only 4b that sounded like a bike ! Ning ning ning ning to 4th gear and flat out at 70k
    Those things sound wicked!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast