Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ECUtalk thread / TB42E Injector Flow Rate

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Todd is out testing version 1.4 of the software now - older version, but it appears to not need a registration code! Fingers firmly crossed once more!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Todd is out testing version 1.4 of the software now - older version, but it appears to not need a registration code! Fingers firmly crossed once more!!
    well i screwed that one up now didn't I!!!
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrhind View Post
    well i screwed that one up now didn't I!!!
    I wouldn't say that mate - we are trialling everything at the moment - this is how the best solutions are found, brainstorming every idea!! We'll crack it!! We're not quitters!!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a play with the 1.4 software today. Found out a few things and didn't break the engine. It seems that any changes are temporary anyway.

The ignition timing reading seems to be 35deg out, there is a setting on the free Consult software to subtract 35 degrees, but not on the data scan 1.4 s/w. I could retard the ignition, but not advance it.

The A/F ratio setting only seems to work when running on petrol, not gas. Making it too lean causes the engine to run rough. You can see it's lean as the O2 level drops off. Rich seems to be when the O2 level gets above 20 or so.

When I switch to gas, my injector pulse width as idle increases.

When the auto is put into drive, the AAC opens up more to maintain the revs and the injector pulse with increase, so definately more fuel is used if you leave it in drive when stopped at the lights.

As you press the accel, you can monitor if the throttle position and air flow increase smoothly, so could help with diagnosing problems with these.

You can set the coolant temperature, setting it low makes the AAC open up for fast idle. Ironically I had a fast idle problem since I got the car (idling too fast for too long), but it went away 2 days before I got this bit of kit!!

You can use the map trace function to see how the ignition timing and fueling are mapped against throttle position and revs. There isn't a map specific to the patrol but the SRD20 (I think) map seems to work best.
    Last edited by boggy2006; 26th March 2011 at 09:29 PM.
    1981 Nissan Patrol MQ SWB, 3.3TD, West Melbourne.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boggy2006 View Post
    I had a play with the 1.4 software today. Found out a few things and didn't break the engine. It seems that any changes are temporary anyway.

The ignition timing reading seems to be 35deg out, there is a setting on the free Consult software to subtract 35 degrees, but not on the data scan 1.4 s/w. I could retard the ignition, but not advance it.

The A/F ratio setting only seems to work when running on petrol, not gas. Making it too lean causes the engine to run rough. You can see it's lean as the O2 level drops off. Rich seems to be when the O2 level gets above 20 or so.

When I switch to gas, my injector pulse width as idle increases.

When the auto is put into drive, the AAC opens up more to maintain the revs and the injector pulse with increase, so definately more fuel is used if you leave it in drive when stopped at the lights.

As you press the accel, you can monitor if the throttle position and air flow increase smoothly, so could help with diagnosing problems with these.

You can set the coolant temperature, setting it low makes the AAC open up for fast idle. Ironically I had a fast idle problem since I got the car (idling too fast for too long), but it went away 2 days before I got this bit of kit!!

You can use the map trace function to see how the ignition timing and fueling are mapped against throttle position and revs. There isn't a map specific to the patrol but the SRD20 (I think) map seems to work best.
    Awesome!!! Can't wait to get the full program!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the nissan consult arrived friday,now to work out how to use it,will have to wait till i get another cable in april

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit the bullet and purchased Nissan Data Scan today - only had a quick play this arvo, but it does what we've been talking about - need to have a bit more of a play to figure it out, then I'll throw up some information.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit the bullet and purchased Nissan Data Scan today - only had a quick play this arvo, but it does what we've been talking about - need to have a bit more of a play to figure it out, then I'll throw up some information.
    so whats your activation key *LMAO*

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrhind View Post
    so whats your activation key *LMAO*
    What would you say if I said I had two of them in fact??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would you say if I said I had two of them in fact??
    I would say " give it 2 someone that would buy it off you " as i have your activation code already, remember that file i sent you, well it had a tiny little key logger hidden in it. Sorry about that *LMAO*

Did you get 1 for lappy and desktop? or do u get the 2 when you purchase?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast