Thread: ECUtalk thread / TB42E Injector Flow Rate

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just changed the title of the thread to better reflect the content of the thread. It will also make it easier for people to find if they are doing a search.

I've read threads on other forums about people using ECUtalk but I don't recall reading about anyone having the problems with it that Scott is having. An "ECU party" is a good idea, put your heads together and you should be able to sort a few things out.

Tony

2. The Following User Says Thank You to YNOT For This Useful Post:

Bob (26th March 2011)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YNOT View Post
    I've just changed the title of the thread to better reflect the content of the thread. It will also make it easier for people to find if they are doing a search.

I've read threads on other forums about people using ECUtalk but I don't recall reading about anyone having the problems with it that Scott is having. An "ECU party" is a good idea, put your heads together and you should be able to sort a few things out.

Tony
    Good thinking mate.

I think those people are using the ECUTalk device with the software - not the Nissan Consult device ... that said, whilst I'm not a complete cabbage head, I would suggest I'm a bit green on this topic ...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Well, it's not that hard to do, but I'm stumped - have got the ECUTalk software, the Conzult software, and the Nissan Data Scan software and can't seem to use any of them ... good reporting tools across the board and they all do show error codes etc, however to get the Conzult software to work, you need to buy the full version (the freeware from the download does bugger all) ... thought "oh well, I've come this far, I'll just buy it" and proceed to click on the link for the aussie distributor - site doesn't exist. Send an email to nissandatascan@curl.com.au as per the data scan option - domain curl.com.au doesn't exist ...

One thing I've figured out though real quick smart - don't click on the choices for Cylinders under tests - its starts immediately (don't have to clilck anything) and the car starts misfiring like a beeatch .. got a misfire on cylinder 1 and 4 ... the report told me that!!! LOL ... luckily it doesn't make the change on the ECU, just does it for the test and once stopped and restarted (the engine) everything was all good .. phew ...

Soooooooooo .... I'm thinking we're going to have to have a "ECU Party" ... all get together and do nothing but line rigs up and one by one break them till we get the software happening!!! Who wants to go first?? lmfao!!

Anyone having any level of success with it?
    i will go first Scotty, I figure I cant break whats already broken.....
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrhind View Post
    i will go first Scotty, I figure I cant break whats already broken.....
    No worries boss - trust me, I was not being overly cautious with it!! And still couldn't break anything!! LOL

That cylinder test did stop me in my tracks though - he started running like a pig straight off the bat - the conzult software did suggest I was running a bit rich on petrol the whole time too, but again, couldn't adjust the mixtures.

Good luck with it - sincerely hope you are able to work something out, coz I'm hopeless obviously!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YNOT View Post

Tony
    You got me Tony!

Hadn't been at the computer 4 a few hrs, so pressed on new posts.........low and behold here was a new thread titled "ECUtalk thread / TB42E Injector Flow Rate" sweet someone's posted a new thread about ECU Talk and Injector Flow Rates, just what i'm after before going into the thread i see it was started by toddrhind........WTF i didn't start that thread!!!!! man i must of had a few 2 many last night....damn i hate when i drink and forget things i do!!!!!! proceeded 2 thread 2 see what the F I started while intoxicated...........Man is that all Tony's changed the thread name........very disappointing!!!!

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just downloaded the Nissan Data Scan 1.51 manual - it looks the goods and the software is $49.95 to purchase. Have sent them a couple of questions regarding patrols and will let you know the outcome. Haven't bought it yet until I know it will work, but the trial version definitely does.

That cylinder test I did before was actually correct - according to the manual, you select the cylinder you want to shut off to ensure it's working (that is, the engine should run rough like mine did) - if no change, then that cylinder has a fuel delivery or ignition issue ... phew, sounds like this could be fun!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just downloaded the Nissan Data Scan 1.51 manual - it looks the goods and the software is $49.95 to purchase. Have sent them a couple of questions regarding patrols and will let you know the outcome. Haven't bought it yet until I know it will work, but the trial version definitely does.

That cylinder test I did before was actually correct - according to the manual, you select the cylinder you want to shut off to ensure it's working (that is, the engine should run rough like mine did) - if no change, then that cylinder has a fuel delivery or ignition issue ... phew, sounds like this could be fun!!!
    We'll make a mechanic out of you yet mate...well done. Hope it does what you need it to!!

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissPat View Post
    We'll make a mechanic out of you yet mate...well done. Hope it does what you need it to!!
    Thanks mate - don't think there'll be too many mechanics shivering in their boots just yet!! LOL ... if it works, I'm going to share the license (like a group buy - one of the questions I asked) so everyone can download it for free!! Call it my donation to the forum (if they agree on an unlimited license price that doesn't break the bank that is!!!!). That way, you only need to buy the consult device ($27) and a serial to USB cable (the expensive part - online about $40).

Fingers crossed!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That way, you only need to buy the consult device ($27)
    Lucky mate i paid 50 bucks 4 mine, then a week after i got mine the prices dropped!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the link to the manual ...

http://www.blazt.biz/downloads/Nissa...Manual_1.0.pdf

and their website

http://www.nissandatascan.com/

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast