OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who here cryovacs their meals ??

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Who here cryovacs their meals ??

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunny weather , anyway who cryovacs their meals in portion sizes and is this unit OK http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301223638...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, I do, heaps easier for camping, no need to run a freezer, no icky fluid spills in the fridge etc

That machine looks very similar to one of mine (at least 4 years old now) and that vendor is an excellent Ebayer who I purchase gear from quite often.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great short and sweet Agree a great shop and he is not greedy like some others.
    Ive used him a fair bit
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have never owned one, but I can see the benefit.
    On a side note, MOST of my car elec goodies came from that shop, including UHF units antennas etc... Always top service and price!
    2005 TD42TI

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

threedogs (6th June 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use one all the time, they are great imho, an unexpected bonus was food that has been cryovaced takes up less space in the fridge.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to paulyg For This Useful Post:

threedogs (6th June 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep also use one, great for home and camping to reseal ....... i got one thats 12v & 240V

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate of mine usually cooks up meals at home (curries / stews) etc and cryovacs and freezes them, when camping he just reheats them in a pot of water on the fire... He eats like a king when we go camping... I hate it as i am usually stuck with snags in bread. lol
    2003 GU SIII Auto Grenade. All the goodies.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought one a few months ago & I spent a bit of time looking at the different makes available. autolecau is a good seller, & I’m sure that vacuum sealer is ok, but I think you can get a better deal. Luvelo have a good reputation in this price range & that’s what we bought.
    Check this out
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Luvelo-Turbo-Vacuum-Food-Sealer-Saver-Silver-Metalic-Includes-24M-Bag-Rolls-/150925133350?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2323d 6c626

When you take into consideration the cost of bags this is good value. We are pleased with ours. The ability to determine the level of vacuum can be quite useful, depending on what you are packing. Not all have that manual control.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one similar to that one TD, as well as a little hand held jobbie that has special bags with valves on them

both are great for doing their jobs
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a Kogan version, pretty cheap but seems to work really well.
    The missus got it so she could send my lad homemade biscuits when he was serving in Afghanistan.
    The biscuits would take about 6 weeks to get there, we kept some here and opened them at the same time as he received them and they were great.
    My lad reckons my missus was the favourite Mum of the platoon, she sent plenty to share every couple of weeks!!
    https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-food-vacuum-sealer/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast