Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Patrol - Norwegian style!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow!!! It's awesome to see it finally taking shape mate!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hows this going mate, any more progress? also roofy, this is the bloke i was talking about
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Sir Roofy (13th October 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rusty! Im nearly there with the car😊 its only small things left (witch take the longest time somehowe). I will be back from work at tuesday when i will be taking som pictures off it the major thing missing om the car right now is the seats and the engine in next coming 3 weeks i will start it up and do a small round around "the block"

Sent fra min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk
    Kind Regards
    Roesen - Norwegian style

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So its time to get this car out on the road in the comming 3 weeks! Thos is how it looks like right now:

I am going to change the timing belt of the engine before im putting it in, and for your information; to put the transmission in by my self was heavy sh*t! but with som bad language and throwing tools around in my garage i somehowe manage to put it in 😊.

Yesterday it was christmas in the garage:

It is going to be a nice week. (Engine start up at friday)...
    Kind Regards
    Roesen - Norwegian style

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roess For This Useful Post:

Onkey (30th September 2015), rusty_nail (13th October 2015), Woof (29th September 2015)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to watch, mate. Are you planning on putting on the nomax.no bumpers front and rear, since you cut out the bottom part of the fenders? I'd love to have them on mine, but then again, I don't like spending money :-/

I'd like to be able to put as mouch time, effort and money into mine as well, but it just won't happen. Luckily, the frame on mine is fine, but a little welding on the chassis wouldn't hurt. Too bad I don't weld. If you care for another project now that your's is finished, you are very welcome to do the same thing to mine :-)
    The 2.8 and the massive (??) 116 hp really isn't mouch to shout about. I've towed 3,5 tons, and it dosn't take mouch of a hill before you have to shift down, and watch the line of cars behind you grow. I've fitted a 3-row aluminium radiator in mine, and it seems to keep the temperature under control.

Rust is a big thing in Norway. All major roads are salted thru the winter, starting approx now, and going on till spring. It is worth mentioning thou, the nissans are very poorly rust protected from the factory. I used to have a 1996 patrol (same green color as this one had), and already in 2000/2001, there was signs on major rust inside the frame.
    My 1991/1992 Mercedes 300 TD Turbo is still fairly good for rust, closing in on 600.000 K's. "Fairly good" mean it looks OK, and have had some brake lines and things renewed thru the years. Brake lines normaly needs changing after 10-15 years. Because of our import taxes, cars are usually driven 18-25 years before scrapped.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FrodeS For This Useful Post:

Roess (13th October 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and thank you FrodeS! Its true what you say here about the rust being an issue in Norway :/ and yes, the plan is to fit rear/front bumpers from nomax, also the roof rack, snorkel and ladder on rear barn door but now i need to save up the money for it ( approx 2 500 dollars) so i think it will be fitted next year☺.

Anyway, the car has started, i've been driven it a few km's. I have also tried to get it approved for the roads but the wheels that are mounted now isnt allowed apparently. Also need to fix the reverse lights, then im done for this year. Now let the winter come!!😉
    Kind Regards
    Roesen - Norwegian style

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here is some pictures 😊
    Kind Regards
    Roesen - Norwegian style

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Roess For This Useful Post:

Woof (14th October 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind Regards
    Roesen - Norwegian style

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Roess For This Useful Post:

Woof (14th October 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here is a random picture from a place nearby, after i took the picture i thought of austrailia when i looked at it, cause of the colour 😊 ( never been to austrailia but i have a hunch that it may be alot of this orange colour in the nature) 😊
    Kind Regards
    Roesen - Norwegian style

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Roess For This Useful Post:

Woof (14th October 2015)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I se you try to adapt the pictures for our friends "down under", but your'e doing it wrong. You have to turn them entirely around, upside down, not 90 degree sideways :-)

Any lift kit except the body lift?

I'd love to put some of that nomax stuff on mine as well, but the car was only 16k (AUD 2,7k), a bargain. As I have a little too many other cars, I haven't wanted to use the time and money on this one (yet).

Originally, your car must have looked exactly like the one I used to have.
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ghlight=norway
    Last edited by FrodeS; 13th October 2015 at 10:05 PM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast