Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrol - Norwegian style!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrielMk3 View Post
    I don't know where in Norway you live - but I live in Oslo. I drove my 260 Patrol to Trondheim and spoke with a rather "famous" guy called Bruno Jørgensen. He's got complete TD42 kits ready for sale. He even lets his guys do the job in his workshop. I recommend you to contact him if you want a certified TD42-engine. The only thing that stops me from doing that is of course the difficulty of placing a TD42 in a 260 body/frame.

Cheers
    Hello fellow norwegian!

I've heard about Bruno from my mate who lives in Trondheim. I think i need to plan a visit, cause maybe he have som other parts as well. as you already know there are no parts, i repeat! No parts for Patrol in this country so a visit to bruno might just be it. Right now im not so interessed about engine swap. I have to take on thin at the time But after the restoring of the car i might just be interested in the 4.2 engine. would be fun to have it approved though!

If you wondered : I'm Trønder
    Kind Regards
    Roesen - Norwegian style

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    have you tried looking on the australian used part places? with a good bit of communication you could probably convince a seller over here to ship parts to you(if you say local suppliers are THAT expensive). check out Gumtree
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Could always paint it Woodlands camoflauge
    i will if you come over to mask the car between each color
    Kind Regards
    Roesen - Norwegian style

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tack welded it on. Full weld will be done tomorrow: i can see on the picture that the space between the door and fender is not quite parallel all way. Perhaps i should undo the tackweld and tilt the body a bit before tac welding correct.
    Kind Regards
    Roesen - Norwegian style

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roess For This Useful Post:

Clunk (30th June 2015), rusty_nail (23rd July 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, Trønder, ja

I'm a little bit of everything, but from this summer on, I will be living in Trondheim (NTNU).

If you want, I can PM you Bruno's number, if you don't have it. He's got like... Well, so many Patrols for spares that the Miljøvernetaten forced him to remove a large number of the cars from his property :P
    I believe Bruno and his guys at his Mekonomen-approved workshop should easily be able to convert your car to a TD42 approved vehicle. That's what he told me, if I had a Y60, and not a K260

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know about Gumtree, but most of the sellers there are "afraid" to ship to Norway, due to the risk of things getting damaged in transit and such.
    Anyhow, Aussie-orders are quite expensive at the time as the AUD has become quite "stronger" compared to the Norwegian Krone. The last 6 months has been a nightmare for Norwegian economy as the international oil-prices have dropped - and so has the NOK.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GabrielMk3 For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (30th June 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they built a lot of the European 260's in Spain

and I believe there is a rather lot of the Y60 & 260's in Poland
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcol View Post
    they built a lot of the European 260's in Spain

and I believe there is a rather lot of the Y60 & 260's in Poland
    Aye. All the 260s in Norway were short (officially imported), and the rest, like mine, a long wagon 260 was privately imported. All made in Spain. My even has Spanish only manuals and such. Not so practical...
    Y60s are the most common Patrols here. But MQs and MKs are difficult to spot.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    god afternoon humans! I've been quite busy last 14 days.. been at work but now im home and look what came by mail while i was at work☺.

Question: the color i want is called Ral 1002. But wat kind of paint do i mix with the bedliner? Does it have to be polyurethane paint or is it good enough with some regular "steel paint" like hamerite? The internet doesent answer that question so i hope some of you guys could help me
    Kind Regards
    Roesen - Norwegian style

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one reading Roess and Gabriel's conversation in there head with a Norwegian accent? Lol.
    Mate this is an epic build. I'm sure this is going to finish off great. I'd love to be able to put those massive flares and 40inch plus tyres on my Patrol, and get away with it. As for the RD28T. I would get a new turbo of the same type, then put a 3inch exhaust system on it and a chip too. They seem to react very well with those too.
    One other thing to check is the harmonic balancer. These RD28's have a tendancy to rip out the key ways on the front of the crank and cause the balancer to just spin on the crank.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast