User Tag List

Thread: Weird steering feeling

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird steering feeling

Hopefully someone could help me I was just at shops and when backing out of parking bay I had to turn the wheel on the spot. When turning the wheel it goes stiff and feels something like a notchy feel as it goes tight then loose then tight and at same time I can here a slight Squeeky/ belt type slipping noise but it's not a belt screech. When driving its normal only while stopped. It only started after a outing over the weekend. I'm thinking maybe a loose power steering belt but not sure. Any thoughts?
    GU DX Cab Chassis TD42t non intercooled, 3 inch lift, genuine steel winch bar, 33" Pro Comp All Terrains , 3"turbo back exhaust, Icom IC 400pro UHF, 12inch LED light bar, 42" light bar
    Future mods: Intercooler, more boost, dual batteries, drop links for sway bar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does sound like a loose belt. Could also be running out of fluid or have gotten some air in the line.
    Well that's where I would start but I am no mechanic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live life, Love life.
    Snatch straps on towballs can harm and/or kill!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    X 2 with above check fluids and tension,
    also look for nicks in the pressure side of hose
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers fellas I'll look into it as I said it only does it when I'm not moving I noticed this morning if I bring revs up a bit doesn't do it so it must be a belt or fluid under pressure
    GU DX Cab Chassis TD42t non intercooled, 3 inch lift, genuine steel winch bar, 33" Pro Comp All Terrains , 3"turbo back exhaust, Icom IC 400pro UHF, 12inch LED light bar, 42" light bar

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The load is greatest when you are not moving. Alnmost certainly belt slip. We get the symptoms a lot in my workshop with pressure pumps, the higher the pressure the worse the slip. Needs to be attended to asap as the nelt can "flat spot" like race tyres under heavy breaking.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Lawrence (3rd October 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers guys I'll attend to it tomorrow