Thread: Zd30 revs up and instantly shut off

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zd30 revs up and instantly shut off

Hey all I I've got an Di 04 zd30 204000kms on it... Never had a problem till it hit 200k. Got all the standard mods.. 2" lift, snorkel, boost and pyro, volt gauge 2 3/4" Beaudesert exhaust, catch can( which vents to atmosphere), top mount inter cooler fan... The issue that has started is that all of a sudden after I pull up at lights or parking lot it will idle normally for a little bit, rev itself up to about 1300 revs then shut itself off... I'm anal I out maintenance and services, always tinkering and keeping motor happy... Anybody else had a similar problem, thank in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Disconnect your battery and look under the dash for you ecm relay, it may be brown or blue.
    swap it with the aircon one to test. Also which catch can hose is venting to Atmosphere, not the hose near
    your Maf sensor is it, Ill find a link for you to read once I find it

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ghlight=fletch
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by threedogs; 27th June 2015 at 02:14 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey threesogs, the way I got my catch can set up is that the hose from the tappet cover goes to the catch can one one side then the other side hose it drops down beside the chassis rail to vent to atmosphere to monitor what comes out due to excess oil in the intercooler .. The existing hole in the air intake to the turbo is bunged off with a machined aluminium bung and held in with sealant and existing clamp... The issue with the Reving and shutting down I should of said that it's not every time.... It's very intermitten once or twice a week