Thread: Long range tank Install

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long range tank Install

Hi guys I am finally about to start the install on my new tank but I am at a disadvantage of starting from scratch. The vehicle was previously on lpg and all the factory plumbing has been removed from the rear tank. I'm after any info and diagrams I can get my hands that can help me get everything back where it should be.
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Madd.

Not sure what sort of Troll you're driving but after 25 posts, check the manual section. There are various annexes for different models. There are also a massive bunch of books, manuals and all sorts. Likely something there to help.
    Looking for a 4WD Club in WA that caters solely for Patrol, Safari and Maverick owners? Click here to HERE to visit the Western Patrol Club. Click HERE for the Beagle Mobile Mods!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LaughingBeagles For This Useful Post:

gu madd (24th May 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you have a original sender for the rear tank? The plumbing is fairly easy although I have no idea what they removed from your car when they did the LPG?

Use this thread mate, ask questions and post pics, plenty of guys here happy to guide you.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    99 tb45e
    New factory sender unit with aftermarket pump just have to extend pos and neg wires from sender to pump and change connectors to suit pump.

IMG_0933.JPG

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gu madd For This Useful Post:

Gertie (2nd June 2015), MudRunnerTD (24th May 2015)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I have it sorted only thing I can't work out is where the evap hoses from both tanks plumb into my sub tank has been looped back to where the main tank is supposed to go

image.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gu madd For This Useful Post:

Gertie (2nd June 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching with interest gu madd, please update to let us know how you get on.
    I'm removing the LPG system off my GU 4.5 this weekend and replacing with a long range tank, at least if I stuff it up I've got 70ltr sub tank to get me round for a while.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gu madd View Post
    Think I have it sorted only thing I can't work out is where the evap hoses from both tanks plumb into my sub tank has been looped back to where the main tank is supposed to go

image.jpg
    They should go up to the top of the filler neck area and have like a big Bell end facing the ground on it. the bell creates an airlock in water crossings and allows to breathe any other time.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys I am finally about to start the install on my new tank but I am at a disadvantage of starting from scratch. The vehicle was previously on lpg and all the factory plumbing has been removed from the rear tank. I'm after any info and diagrams I can get my hands that can help me get everything back where it should be.
    Cheers

image.jpg
    Hey gu madd,
    How did your lrt install go?
    Did mine a couple of weeks ago, actually installed a second hand gq lrt in mine with a gq sender and external high pressure fuel pump.
    Mine had dodgy wiring from the start so rewired it all from scratch, also took a bit to get my head around the fact that the sub tank sends to the main tank with the fuel line configuration, but all good now.
    Will buy a proper gu main sender and attempt to get back to factory wiring at some stage but after a day crawling around pulling my hair out at what the idiots did with lpg installation and long range sub tank install years ago, I'd had a gutfull so wired it up just to get it working.
    Would like to know if you ran into any dramas, happy to compare notes sometime