Threaded View

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prep work 'trol and CT

Okay, less than a week to go before going ... west .... no first north then west.

Turbo installation shop, local (within 90km) called at 1200 today to let me know they couldn't slot me in like he thought ..
    I was somewhat speechless as this early AM let Performance 4x4 know I was going to have in installed locally versus coming up there on the 26th ... I quickly called P4x4 back and they slotted us in on the 27/28th..

So finished installing a split Anderson plug to mid 'trol section (seats have been removed) so we can have the second (smaller) frig right behind the passenger seat and next to Joe versus a cigarette socket extension. Installed a 22" OPT7 light bar I muled in my suitcase from the states (yes I declared the value .. $159.. check their reviews out .

CT, installed a Ctek 250S Dual and then uninstalled it, looked at the 20A charger and decided the battery back was too big (Monday).. RTFM, what a waste of time, 2 hours, only 20A, should have bought the SmartPass instead.

Tuesday, reinstalled the Ctek 250 after a lot of reading and rewired about half the panel added a merit plug in the rear and then ran 6mm wire to where 80L frig is at versus the 4mm ..

Tore out the rear platform jerry can and BBQ box .. I'd save a fair bit of time if I quit prototyping and just did it right the first time.

Started raining so now I have to wait for the canvas to dry before finishing the solar panel holders on the new box and weld the new jockey wheel holder on (thanks Steve (Kat) for adding to my list.

Tomorrow;
    Take 'trol for service and through going over by local mec who owes and drives a 'trol. Replacing or taking with me belts, filers, air and oil, and just double checking.
    Finish rear platform on CT, securing jerry can and BBq box. Finish off the 6mm frig wire, rewire the front white reflector lights, remove one shock and run to town and get a spare (mfg doesn't have a part number for it.. thinks it's off a 'cruiser)
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HuskyInAuz For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (20th May 2015)