Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home made rear step duel wheel carrier

Hi all

I own a 1999 4.2lt GU Patrol

just new to this site was looking for plans or anyone who has designed or built a steel rear step with duel wheel carrier i am a novice 4x4'r and at the moment don't have much to offer this community but am willing to share any info I do have cheers all ! looking forward to a long relationship with this site.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    g`day mate
    welcome on board heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
    nowoolies
    Paul
    HELL NO !!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton99Pat View Post
    Hi all

just new to this site was looking for plans or anyone who has designed or built a steel rear step with duel wheel carrier i am a novice 4x4'r and at the moment don't have much to offer this community but am willing to share any info I do have cheers all ! looking forward to a long relationship with this site.
    we ask all new members to post an some info about themselves in introductions before posting questions for help etc please. So if you could kindly do as we all have then this will get other members onside and you'll find plenty of help coming forth.

Thanks Tim
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton99Pat View Post
    Hi all

G'day mate.

You have heaps to offer this forum. How about starting with a pic or two of your truck in the Member's Ride section and telling us a bit about what you're truck's got on it and where you're from.

That'll do for a start. Can't load you up too much on your first post. lol

Take care out there.

Ross
    DX grunt
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you seen the ones on the back of the ex Telstra trucks? They're probably patented, but it should give you a starting point. They have dual steps and dual wheel carriers.
    My photobucket is down at the moment, but check my truck in the Member's ride thread.

Ross
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    welcome aboard the forum mate

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum mate, so don't be shy and get amongst the conversations to make the most of it. Enjoy!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can be patient I will do a walkthrough on a carrier I built, in the DIY section.
    I just have to find a way to post pictures more efficiently as the way i'm doing it now is very time consuming.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was talking to ARB about rear steps for GU's and possibilty of having one custom made the comment came baack that if the vehicle is fitted with air bags then what ever rear bar you on must be engineered to activate the exeleromators which in turn activate the air bags in the event of a rear end hit how they would inforce this law god knows but there it is apparrently.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hekarewe View Post
    was talking to ARB about rear steps for GU's and possibilty of having one custom made the comment came baack that if the vehicle is fitted with air bags then what ever rear bar you on must be engineered to activate the exeleromators which in turn activate the air bags in the event of a rear end hit how they would inforce this law god knows but there it is apparrently.
    Agreed - the mob that do my fittings state the same thing if air bags are involved - not sure of the legalities, but don't think you're even allowed to remove air bags for some reason (I'm sure it's been done, just not supposed to is all I'm suggesting - happy to be wrong though coz I'm not 100% on it).