User Tag List

Thread: Steering sloppy and wandering

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steering sloppy and wandering

Hi fellas I have searched and searched and tried all different things mentioned in other posts. I have a gu 1 ute. I have a bit of steering play and sometimes the ute like to wander on the road and when trying to correct it it sometimes feels like I'm not correcting it at all. The steering has a little slop in it so I got the mrs to rock the steering looking for a sloppy point however everything seems normal however I have noticed the draglink is ever so slightly bent could this be my cause or am I looking for something else? It does need a wheel alignment as it pulls to left a little however I'm not gonna do this til I have rectified this problem and got new tyres any thoughts
    GU DX Cab Chassis TD42t non intercooled, 3 inch lift, genuine steel winch bar, 33" Pro Comp All Terrains , 3"turbo back exhaust, Icom IC 400pro UHF, 12inch LED light bar, 42" light bar
    Future mods: Intercooler, more boost, dual batteries, drop links for sway bar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Doesnt take much of a bend to cause issues like you describe.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok cool I might change the dampner as well as its a tough rtc which is useless
    GU DX Cab Chassis TD42t non intercooled, 3 inch lift, genuine steel winch bar, 33" Pro Comp All Terrains , 3"turbo back exhaust, Icom IC 400pro UHF, 12inch LED light bar, 42" light bar

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Grab yourself a good lever and just double check your panhard bushes and radius arm bushes. Also check the bolt tension on these as well.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok will do cheers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so i got a small crow bar and checked my bushes. pan hard seems fine however the passenger side radius arm the castor bushes are flogged to say the least. the arm was over to one side of where it bolts up to so i got the bar and was able to centre it again so I'm assuming the bush is stuffed. i also found a power steering fluid leak on the passenger side of the radiator not sure if this will be contributing to the slop etc?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi also on the steering box is a screw and lock nut to tighten up the slack
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no worries ill hit that up also