Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New member with a Question

Hi,

I joined this forum to share my experience with my Y62 TiL Patrol. I have owned about 4 Discoveries and a Landcruiser and this is definitely the best of the bunch even allowing for advances in technology over the years. I bought it mainly because of its value for money following massive price reductions following the Australian launch and because it was the only vehicle this side of $130k with all of the safety features I wanted. Goes like a rocket if needed and it was a pleasure to leave the diesel clangers behind. Economy has settled down to 15.3/100km using 98 octane with mostly highway cruising. I figure since the speedo overreads by about 10% the economy is also 10% optimistic. I attempt to reduce the refuel price shock by not waiting until I have used all 140 litres, buying $5 worth of chocolates at Woolies Caltex to ensure I get my full 8 cent per litre discount and finally convincing myself that it is worth every damn cent anyway to drive this vehicle. I spend a fortune on insurance for cars, houses, life insurance etc and this is the best way to ensure I and my passengers are as safe as possible. I have travelled 18k in it to date. Great vehicle. The thing I like about it most is its size. Lots of room for grandkids. What I hate most about it is its size - parking is a nightmare in suburbia and I have learnt to cruise around the shopping car parks to pick the best spot to minimise door dings from other inconsiderate car owners. The all-round camera system is poor resolution and next to useless but I can live with it if I don't rely on it. Good for avoiding pets running around the car in the driveway though.
    I am considering trying to put the 3rd row 'missing' seat belt in the rear (TiL only has 2 instead of the other models 3). When I asked Nissan prior to purchase about this issue they were none responsive but they eventually said it was a weight issue because of all the extra gear on the TiL. In other words they had no idea. The cutouts are there in the headliner and since all the bodies are the same I suspect it is just a matter of getting a seatbelt from the dealer and paying a certified installer to put it in. I wouldn't even bother asking a dealer to put it in as we can all guess what their response would be. The only down side from my 'purchase experience' has been support from Nissan Australia and the dealer I purchased it from. Shocking is probably the only word I care to use in this forum. They really need to clean their act up and yes, it would influence my next purchase. My local dealer basically told me to go elsewhere to buy one because he didn't have one in stock and probably thought I was not a serious buyer (my thongs may have had something to do with it). Several weeks later he was dumb-struck when I booked it in for its first service after buying it inter-state at the best price I was given. I guess the dealership missed out on a substantial $ benefit from the sale. Cheers.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobA For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (5th May 2015), Dave_H (13th May 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate. Unfortunatly your experience with dealerships is not unusual, and not restricted to Nissan. The aim these days is to move product, be it cars or toothpicks. Changes and upgrades take time and therefore are low on the priority list.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. If I was CEO Nissan Australia I would be reading this forum daily - and I bet he/she is! I forgot my question - it was about the seat belt issue to see if anyone else had done this. Cheers.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Bob and welcome to the forum. congrats on your new Patrol.
    Sadly Mr Nissan doesnt make many friends here, regardless of the problem
    Dont forget to throw up some pics of the beast,
    Only a few here have a Y62,, Kevin 07 being a regular here
    enjoy
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    g'day Bob and welcome aboard

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome to the forum BobA
    I have been semi-seriously toying with the idea of upgrading to the Y62
    except
    as you said, Mr Nissan dont give a flying fook for you once you give him the money

real pity

anyway - enjoy your beastie for what it is - awesome
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gday mate welcome aboard

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Boba. Nice choice of car mate. Maybe one day for me ... One can only dream.
    Nissan isn't isolated from sometimes being a pain like this... Most stealerships can play these sorts of cards at times unfortunately.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Bob from another Bob.
    Enjoy the experience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast