Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Asking for witnesses to incident in Braidwood

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Probably not the best place to discuss this matter,,,, PM would be better.
    I know of one member who's insurance Co logged onto this forum for info.
    Tread lightly eh, just saying
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all good now
    Last edited by jack; 5th May 2015 at 01:34 PM.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (5th May 2015), rusty_nail (5th May 2015), threedogs (5th May 2015), Winnie (5th May 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well. Good news so far.

I called NRMA this afternoon. Spoke with a lovely young lady who was very helpful.

I gave my version of events and she said that was interesting as the version she has from the other party states that we were both reversing and I damaged her door. Not even close.

They are going to send me some forms to fill out to give my statement as well as diagrams and pictures.

From my account over the phone though, the young lady that I was talking with said that the outcome will be that we are both liable for any damage done to our own property.

Thanks for all of your support.

I have always said the honesty will always win out.
    Just about to jump into my next Patrol. A 2001 GU II TB45E .

WARNING!: Do not ever use a towball as a recovery point. They are not rated and can become a deadly projectile during a recovery if they snap off, and they have done so with tragic results in the past.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rkinsey For This Useful Post:

Clunk (5th May 2015), growler2058 (5th May 2015), jack (5th May 2015), Rossco (5th May 2015), SonOf (6th May 2015), threedogs (5th May 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rkinsey View Post
    I have always said the honesty will always win out.
    im glad you have a potentially good outcome mate!!! that last comment is really funny tho, when u consider your signature says "When all else fails..............cheat!!"
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not over yet Nic................

Although I was very pleasantly surprised with how I was treated by NRMA. To be honest I was gearing up for a fight.
    Just about to jump into my next Patrol. A 2001 GU II TB45E .

WARNING!: Do not ever use a towball as a recovery point. They are not rated and can become a deadly projectile during a recovery if they snap off, and they have done so with tragic results in the past.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Rob, I came up after the incident. Good luck with it all.

Insurance company's suck the big one......oh and especially NRMA, well they were when I mad a claim many many many years ago
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A few months back a lady backed into my roo bar in a coles car park, despite me leaning on the horn button and swearing very loudly. Got a call acouple of days later from Coles insurance. i asked why as their i didn't know Coles do car insurance - they do. The girl interviewing me asked me if i could have moved (reversed) and avoided the incident. I answered no and she wanted to know why not. I simply said that if I hade reversed i would have run into the car behind me which i could see in my mirrors, the same as their client could have seen me in her mirror if she had looked. The point is here that she then told me that we would probably be held equally responsible for the accident and requested the name of my insurance co. I refused and hung up and havn't heard a thing back. They will try to place the blame firstly on you then equally without any evidence at all. It is just proceedure. Do you know if insurance covers accidents in service station drive ways? I know that my car park incident was not covered as a road incident and they were just trying it on. End of the day she had demolished the rear of her car and I had a nasty scratch on the roo bar. Polished it out. Good luck with it.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (5th May 2015), rkinsey (5th May 2015), rusty_nail (5th May 2015)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can give you good advice, PM if you're interested, but it seems the agency has proceeded already. In the end, give them nothing, admit nothing, give them no facts to go on until you have spoken to your agency and have as many facts and documents/pictures etc in your possession.

When in doubt - NO COMMENT until you have advice
    2004 GU ST, ZD30 DDTi.

Mods so far - EGT & Boost Gauges in Pillar Pod, NADS, upgraded inter-cooler, 2 in suspension lift, 33 in tyres, steel bullbar, spot lights.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lexx For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (5th May 2015), rusty_nail (5th May 2015), SonOf (6th May 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with Lexx, you never admit any form of liability as they will take that and run it as an admission.

I would definitely advise your insurer as you pay them a premium to work for you in these matters. Also it used to be 30 days for tapes but with digital these days, who knows. It is worht asking telling your insurer as they can usually follow that up for you as well.

I have seem some doozies in my time in insurance, especially when I worked in the fraud section of the insurers, it is amazing what people will try.
    Seemed like a good idea at the time

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having dealt with lots of different cctv depending on the set I've used one that lasted 2 weeks (very old still had to record onto vhs) to a state of the art facial recognitjon that was linked into an id scanner and could go back up to 4 months, can't hurt to ask them however they are not likely to talk to you about it for their own security reasons your insurance company or the police are a far better bet.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dave97 For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (6th May 2015)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123