Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ipf spot light fitting

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I have seen these lights in action few weekends ago in the high country. They gave the cheaper imitations of the ARB's (higher priced ) intensity lights, a run for their dollars ... And sadly they put my LED bar to shame as well.

And I will add as well, avoid scotch locks like the plague. They are simply asking for trouble imo.
    ok thanks for advice on scotchlock ill get on it. danny from arb moorebank said to me that they are nearly as good as his intensities and half the price.
    Last edited by kevin07; 3rd May 2015 at 06:55 PM.
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin07 View Post
    ok thanks for advice on scothlock ill get on it. danny from arb moorebank said to me that they are nearly as good as his intensities and half the price.
    I expected far less light, but when turned on it amazed me how bright they actually are ... Good value imo.
    2005 TD42TI

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

kevin07 (3rd May 2015), threedogs (3rd May 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might look into these. Thanks.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with these lights the spot is great but the spread is not. also the spread got condensation in it so arb are changing it when there is stock in the country. im changing it for another spot and then ill put a small spread bar on it.
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate scotch locks they are horrible and no good for automotive use imo, however a solder joint can be worse if not done properly, not saying you can't solder hell it's been a while for me so i wouldn't trust my own joints atm, personally I'd use quick crimps with a ratchet tool.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dave97 View Post
    I hate scotch locks they are horrible and no good for automotive use imo, however a solder joint can be worse if not done properly, not saying you can't solder hell it's been a while for me so i wouldn't trust my own joints atm, personally I'd use quick crimps with a ratchet tool.
    im shit at soldering mates job.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then use quick crimps or another brand but use a ratchet crimper guarantee you have a good crimp and joint then

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mate will solder it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12