User Tag List

Thread: gu 2010 questions

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gu 2010 questions

Hey Guys am new to the sight, must say i love reading the threads, its a great sight,

I have a few questions, if some one can help please

First the 2010 is this the Y61 model?

second, im trying to install two way radio and switches for numerous items, whats the best way to run the wiring
    thru to the engine bay. I have accessed one wire thru a little panel top right hand side, if that makes sense?

access behind the dash where the radio is and the console ( I removed the 2 screws that hold the fascia around the radio, but wouldn't budge)

finally the 2010 model there is 2 switches for the reserve tank and rear aircon there is space for a spare switch
    trying to access these spaces

sorry for these dumb question!! appreciate the help,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,113 Times in 3,144 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Hey Guys am new to the sight, must say i love reading the threads, its a great sight,

I have a few questions, if some one can help please

First the 2010 is this the Y61 model?

second, im trying to install two way radio and switches for numerous items, whats the best way to run the wiring
    thru to the engine bay. I have accessed one wire thru a little panel top right hand side, if that makes sense?

access behind the dash where the radio is and the console ( I removed the 2 screws that hold the fascia around the radio, but wouldn't budge)

finally the 2010 model there is 2 switches for the reserve tank and rear aircon there is space for a spare switch
    trying to access these spaces

sorry for these dumb question!! appreciate the help,

Hi Stavros welcome to the forum mate. No question is a dumb question, we all began somewhere ...

1. First off yes your 2010 would be a Y61.
    2. Once you take those screws under the radio out, you have to pull the whole thing, until the clips click out .It takes a bit of force, if you're taking it out for the first time after the factory robots done their bit...
    3. Wiring through the firewall... There is a large rubber grommet behind the dash, above passengers feet. Thats where all my wiring came through.
    4. The spare switch slot next to the secondary tank switch I've never accessed, but I'm sure it's just the small panel at the bottom that comes out giving you access to rear of it.

Hope any of that helps.
    2005 TD42TI

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

LaughingBeagles (29th April 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Hodge, appreciate you getting back with the info, will get stuck into it today, few jobs I want to do!!