Thread: Tow Bar and Bull Bar on a Y62

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tow Bar and Bull Bar on a Y62

I just took a Ti-L for a test drive and was impressed. The sales person didn't know if a weight distribution hitch could be fitted. In fact he didn't know what one was. Also be said a bull bar could not be fitted to the Ti-L because of the adaptive cruise control system as it would void the warranty.Can anyone tell me about either of these issues please?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your best bet would be to speak to ARB or TJM, seeing as they now make bull bars for the Y62

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for the back fit firestone hp air bags which I have done and the arb delux bullbar is getting fitted this Friday is compliant and is the best due to general consensus of reading other reports. with the air bags there is no need for a weight distribution bar. may I ask what you are towing
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Thanks
    Thanked 4,611 Times in 3,108 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4robbos View Post
    I just took a Ti-L for a test drive and was impressed. The sales person didn't know if a weight distribution hitch could be fitted. In fact he didn't know what one was. Also be said a bull bar could not be fitted to the Ti-L because of the adaptive cruise control system as it would void the warranty.Can anyone tell me about either of these issues please?
    Pretty sure arb and tjm are both complianced bars so should not void warranty.
    But best to ring arb or tjm.
    And I'm pretty sure the tow hitch is a 50mm receiver so yes a distribution hitch can be used.
    As Kev said there are other options these days.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin07 View Post
    for the back fit firestone hp air bags which I have done and the arb delux bullbar is getting fitted this Friday is compliant and is the best due to general consensus of reading other reports. with the air bags there is no need for a weight distribution bar. may I ask what you are towing
    Do you have the Ti-L with adaptive cruise control?
    When we toured ARB they had a jeep bullbar, the Jeep had adaptive cruise and the bullbar had massive ugly sensor on the front of it, just so that the cruise would still work

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Weight distributition , not even Kaymar warrant their rear bar for weight distribution. so ask Hayman reese
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Weight distributition , not even Kaymar warrant their rear bar for weight distribution. so ask Hayman reese
    td he is talking about a tow bar not the rear replacement bar .
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use a weight distribution hitch with both the nissan or hayman reeses towbars. I talked to a parts guy within a nissan dealership whom I trust as he has been there quite a while and knows what he is talking about and I asked him about the nissan towbar, he told me that yes a weight distribution hitch can be used but advised against it as they cannot control how and when you use it. I think in all nissans literature it just says, no, a weight distribution hitch cannot be used, or recommended not to be used as it easier to say this and cover all bases.
    I got a hayman reese towbar for ours as they sell weight distribution hitches so going on assumptions alone they must build them to be able to handle the weight distribution hitch.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Do you have the Ti-L with adaptive cruise control?
    When we toured ARB they had a jeep bullbar, the Jeep had adaptive cruise and the bullbar had massive ugly sensor on the front of it, just so that the cruise would still work
    sorry winnie for not replying. yes I do and you can hardly notice it, 2 reasons its tucked in there nice and 2 when people look at it they just go into fantasy land.
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y62 Ti-L ..

Quote Originally Posted by 4robbos View Post
    Hi . I have a 2013 Ti-L Y62 . You can get a nice bullbar from ARB with a winch fitted , they can re-locate the camera . They gave me a quote , I didnt go ahead , but its all been done before Also there is a 2 inch lift kit available in Melb ( I had the kit sent up and ARB in Burleigh ( Gold Coast ) did the fit . I had one fitted about a year ago : honestly Im very happy with the lift kit . Also I bought roof bars : chrome run length of the roof not across . Also I bought
    chrome door panels : easy to fit . Also Hayman Reece do a huge adjustable tow hitch : bought one of those also. Done over 100,000 klm of faultless driving .
    Also you can order LCD headlights from Dubai : Nissan dealership , even the new 2016 Y62 front end from Dubai : costs about $ 4000 landed , and you cant buy
    that here : all just bolts straight on . : I saw these in Dubai when on a business trip , they look pretty nice . Y62 : nice vehicle . I very happy with mine anyway . Regards

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Country-Wide water For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (25th April 2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast