User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wear your PPE

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always a good idea even swinging off spanners all day long, always keep gloves, sleaves, and glasses near by, God know's what would have happened to me by now if I did'nt.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always keep the safety glasses handy these days. Had a siezed brake cylinder in a landrover a while back, gave it only a medium whack with a hammer and some residual fluid in there sprayed out and splashed my eye.
    I've had stuff get in my eye before but nothing on earth like that brake fluid. Always chuck on the specs now
    3.0L '02 GU
    - Xrox bar - 33" MT 4rib ATZs -roof console - provent 200 PCV filter - 3" Stainless Exhaust

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are out in the scrub and something goes wrong, the tendancy is to make a quick decision as to how to fix it. I reckon the best PPE is a cuppa, think about outcomes before doing anything

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Les Penrose For This Useful Post:

MC97GQ (4th September 2012), nomadTech87 (4th September 2012)

a member of the menagerie MC97GQ's Avatar
    Nimmitabel in the deep, deep south of NSW
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Penrose View Post
    If you are out in the scrub and something goes wrong, the tendancy is to make a quick decision as to how to fix it. I reckon the best PPE is a cuppa, think about outcomes before doing anything
    Les you are so right, better to stand back(to quote an old expression), Roll em if you got em, Stand back and think about what to do next. I have seen it so many time when acting in haste has compounded the problem, and the person getting into so much more strife.

Mark
    Proud former owner of a 1997 White GQ TD42 Patrol Cab Chassis with an after market turbo, now with over half a million k's and still going strong, that's had a heart transplant and now not owned by me

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    X2 Les , read that years ago in Jack Absoloms book, he also suggests playing Solitaire, as sooner or later someone will put the black jack on the red queen.
    Think it was a cook book with Reg his brother.
    I've been on work care/cover since 1991, had 16 major operations plus going in for 17th very shortely. cannot stress enough to think through what and how you want to do something[recovery]
    then think what can go wrong. make a plan and stick to it.

Been watching bicycle at Para olympics, one rider was abled bodied till a towing accident robbed him of his eye sight now he's on the back of the tandem
    Heaps more I'd love to write on this topic
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=threedogs;265459]X2 Les , read that years ago in Jack Absoloms book, he also suggests playing Solitaire, as sooner or later someone will put the black jack on the red queen.
    I've been on work care/cover since 1991, had 16 major operations plus going in for 17th very shortely. cannot stress enough to think through what and how you want to do something[recovery]

Been watching bicycle at Para olympics, one rider was abled bodied till a towing accident robbed him of his eye sight now he's on the back of the tandem
    Heaps more I'd love to write on this topic[/QUOTE

'Safe Outback Travel' is the book - a slim volume that turns up second hand, an enjoyable read that captures a fair bit of experience.
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver For This Useful Post:

threedogs (4th September 2012)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    X2 Les , read that years ago in Jack Absoloms book, he also suggests playing Solitaire, as sooner or later someone will put the black jack on the red queen.

Heaps more I'd love to write on this topic

That is so true about the cards --
    They are a main part of any toolbox or recovery gear that I carry. It's been a standing joke in our family for years.
    No matter how lost or how stuck or how much trouble you are in the first thing to do is make a coffee and deal out a game of solitaire -- Then you can just about guarantee within 20 minutes some one will come along and tell you you've played your last card wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123