Thread: Prevent rust with Flexy Flares

Thanks
    Thanked 12,425 Times in 6,261 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    As I understand it it has been deemed recently that a flat must be a hard element that deflects a person off the wheel, a flexi flare or bushranger type stops water spray but not impact.

The Vic Police have been pinging people for them!! Outrageous! I have no proof of this but will do a search and see what I can find. Makes sense just a crappy decision.
    I remember seeing that on Facebook that somebody had been defected for it, but people posted heaps of regulations that proved them legal.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (15th April 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    More money down the drain. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mandu...rol/1075063236

I've had the Old Trol too long now for the car yard to shell out for a set of these. Be a mongrel thing if you swiped a tree as there would be no give in them.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if they are pinging people with large tyres and offsets that stick out a fair margin. I have flexi flares but my tyres are 95% under the guard as I have a -9 offset on the 7inch rims. Its just for water and to cover the end. I don't think they could trap/catch someone in an accident.

Darn it, I think I should have bought an ST instead of the DX with splits.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    As I understand it it has been deemed recently that a flat must be a hard element that deflects a person off the wheel, a flexi flare or bushranger type stops water spray but not impact. The Vic Police have been pinging people for them!! Outrageous! I have no proof of this but will do a search and see what I can find. Makes sense just a crappy decision.
    I remember reading that too. What's interesting is my work car 94 Navara is parked right beside my patrol and the stock Nav flares are almost identical rubber compound and flex.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (15th April 2015)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12