OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: BF Goodrich All Terrain AT 285/75/16...Will They Fit?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BF Goodrich All Terrain AT 285/75/16...Will They Fit?

G'day all,

Been scouring the forum and still no closer to answering my questions. I have come into a set of 285/75/16 BFG AT tyres and need to know whether they will fit a 1993 GQ with standard lift and the 16x8 three spoke alloy rims. Two have 8mm tread remaining and the other two have 5mm tread remaining. I am In the process of grabbing 2 more 75 per cent ATs to replace the lower tread depth ones but need to know if it is worth my while as if they don't fit, seems pointless.

Will they foul any part of the car at all? I li,e the look of them and considering I have got some off-road mudder on 15 inch deltas so when I go off the more than beaten track, I will just swap them off.

Any help is appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will scrub slightly on the front mud guards when you cross ruts on the beach and in the bush. Round the streets shouldn't be a drama.

I had them on my ute with no lift and this is the only time they scrubbed. And sometimes on full lock the rubbed the mud flaps

Thanks
    Thanked 4,653 Times in 3,121 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So are you changing all 4 to this size or just 2??
    If there are different sizes diameter wise do not 4x4 with them. You'll destroy the drive line.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No wont be changing them until I have all four.

Thanks for the inputs

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CPOCSM For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (1st April 2015)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will rub slightly.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well got the tyres fitted and made a huge difference in ride comfort and dropped the road noise significantly. The mob at tyre power here fitted them up and balanced them and did a wheel alignment as well. There isn't a lot of room left under the guards and no scrubbing on full lock in either direction.

The tyres are 100 per cent on the back and 75 per cent on the front. The fellow at the tyre power debunked the destroying the driveline banter. You are an idiot if you drive on the black stuff in 4wd and yes you will destroy the driveline as rolling diameter is different from back to front. However, on the loose stuff, you will have no problems whatsoever. His words. I drove for a year with a 100 per cent maxxis at on left rear and 30 per cent on the rest and no significant difference in ride or tyre wear. Driveline is perfectly fine apart from it pulling to the left...now fixed with a wheel alignment.

One down side...I have had to hoist the roof cage 2 inches higher(suspended in the garage skillion) as the wider tyre and higher aspect height has the awning on the cage rubbing on the roof of the patrol. Changing the tyres from a 70 to a 75 aspect has raised the car 30mm...on a good note my speedo is now reading bang on 100kph when the GPS is telling me I am doing 102kph...before the tyre change it was reading 113kph on the speedo at 100kph on the GPS...so have to now remember I will be way over the speed limit if I stick to my old guesstimations on the gq speedo...lol

Pics to follow...