Thread: NETFLIX. Just got on board

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    You need to watch some of the Commercial Channels to offset some of your Left Wing Views LMAO

Just some friendly Banter between Friends
    Bloody hippies
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You guys are funny...

You know Cuppa doesn't have time for TV because he is mastering the art of changing gear whilst simultaneously engaging a hand throttle as he sits pigeon toed with his knees jammed together, one heel shoved up his butt and sponges tied to his shoes so he doesn't bunny hop the Ute
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Bob (27th March 2015), Clunk (30th March 2015), mudnut (6th April 2015), rusty_nail (27th March 2015), taslucas (27th March 2015), Winnie (27th March 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,666 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Each to their own. Personally I don’t know how folk find time between free to air Tv & the internet to watch extra content. The ABC + occasionally SBS & NITV has sufficient of quality to fill my viewing needs. Rarely ever bother to watch any of the commercial channels. Have never paid to watch TV & don’t expect I ever will.
    True. I barely have time to watch anything.
    But the wife likes the occasional quiet time and I guess instead of watching a downloaded new movie on a Saturday night we'll now be legal.

It's not for all. Granted.
    But hopefully it curves a bit of the piracy and gives fox and Austar a wake up call.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biggqwesty View Post
    But hopefully it curves a bit of the piracy and gives fox and Austar a wake up call.
    Fox bought 100% of Austar a few years ago... sucked big time as I had to sell all my employee shares I was sitting on for a rainy day.

It will cost Foxtel a reasonable amount of customers I spose but Netflix doesn't carry very much of what I watch anyway (House of Cards aside) but each company has their flagship programs so they'll both have their subscribers and make their money.

In Foxtels case maybe not as much profit but if Netflix does have an impact on Piracy that will help Foxtel and the other providers/streamers as well so who knows what the bottom line will be but agree it should be good for the subscriber.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Fox bought 100% of Austar a few years ago... sucked big time as I had to sell all my employee shares I was sitting on for a rainy day. It will cost Foxtel a reasonable amount of customers I spose but Netflix doesn't carry very much of what I watch anyway (House of Cards aside) but each company has their flagship programs so they'll both have their subscribers and make their money. In Foxtels case maybe not as much profit but if Netflix does have an impact on Piracy that will help Foxtel and the other providers/streamers as well so who knows what the bottom line will be but agree it should be good for the subscriber.
    Yea absolutely. Netflix doesn't have sport. So many will stay with Foxtel. Didn't know about the take over.

But by the looks of it it sounds like Telstra and fox are in bed with each other.
    I think Telstra have metered Netflix due to having unmetered fox sports etc.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Telstra and Foxtel have a very incestuous relationship... pretty much on the same level as Jamie and Cersei lannister actually.
    Foxtel is available on Telstra Tbox internet streaming for example and as mentioned some Foxtel is unmetered on Bigpond sama sama the Netflix Optus & Netflix iinet agreements.

Austar was in the sack with Optus early for bundled services but after a couple of years began sleeping around (tarts that we were).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (27th March 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get one of the $49 chromecast sticks and stream netflix to your TV. Works an absolute trick and streams directly, you can start the streaming from any smart phone or PC.
    Last edited by Agronaught; 29th March 2015 at 12:31 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Agronaught For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (29th March 2015)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Love the netflix so far. Watch it on pc, phone, tablet, streamed to my chromcast to the teli, launched from any netflix app or directly from pc. Not a bad gig so far... First month free to test it out so , not bad.
    2005 TD42TI

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (29th March 2015), taslucas (29th March 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like how you can tell which show/movie your kids or wife are watching from the app on the phone...lol

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really liking the on demand setup.
    And they have some great titles.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast