OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Has anyone used one of these tents or know about them?

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickie3 View Post
    You wasnt camped towards Granville Harbour by any chance? strong winds no shelter gives the area away LOL
    The night that we really copped it was at Conical Rocks, not much shelter that way haha

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice tent testing weather all over the state in the last couple of days hey.
    Hello from Under Down Under!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

SonOf (26th March 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,089 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Snowys have currently got a tent sale on http://www.snowys.com.au/Tents-Shelt...=1&sc=3&ssc=12
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Woof For This Useful Post:

SonOf (26th March 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    Snowys have currently got a tent sale on http://www.snowys.com.au/Tents-Shelt...=1&sc=3&ssc=12
    Some really good deals, thanks.
    Seemed like a good idea at the time

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old thread I know, but......

We had a Darche AT-4 Airvolution Tent. Loved the idea and ease of putting it up and taking it down, but the quality is crap, so after the second replacement tent developed holes on the mesh seams, we're getting a refund (still waiting). As we're new to camping (but old in years) we're looking at a two room tent as a replacement. Need somewhere to store stuff when we go exploring instead of packing the car everytime.
    Been looking at this:
    http://www.snowys.com.au/Tents-Shelt...1&sc=1&id=4553

Has most things we need, warranty is 3 times that of the Darche, floor is a bit flimsy compared to what the Darche had. Doesn't weigh too much which is important as it has to travel on the roof rack and I'm no spring chicken....

Anyone have any experiences with Outdoor Connection tents, or is there something else that might suit us? Money is a definite factor, as is weight.
    GROOVY GUVII

2" Toughdog Lift, Ctek D250S, 152AH AGM Battery, Homemade Battery Box, Duel Rear Cameras, GME TX3510W UHF, Alloy Roof Rack, Kings 2.5m Awning, Titan Drawers.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to clubbyr8 For This Useful Post:

SonOf (7th May 2015)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clubbyr8 View Post

We had a Darche AT-4 Airvolution Tent. Loved the idea and ease of putting it up and taking it down, but the quality is crap, so after the second replacement tent developed holes on the mesh seams, we're getting a refund (still waiting). As we're new to camping (but old in years) we're looking at a two room tent as a replacement. Need somewhere to store stuff when we go exploring instead of packing the car everytime.
    Been looking at this:

Has most things we need, warranty is 3 times that of the Darche, floor is a bit flimsy compared to what the Darche had. Doesn't weigh too much which is important as it has to travel on the roof rack and I'm no spring chicken....

Anyone have any experiences with Outdoor Connection tents, or is there something else that might suit us? Money is a definite factor, as is weight.
    We are going to look at the Jet tent (oztent) Maverick at the next caravan camping show in brisy in June, these pack up relatively small and set up to around the same size as an RV4, does take a little longer to set up though and looks like no walls etc can be bought for them either. We want something to be able to put into the patrol not up on the roof racks like our RV4 has to be (and 23kg).

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mate, I have worked in a couple of camp shops and there is nothing wrong with those tents and even the likes of the more expensive Colemans. They downside to the lighter tent is they are generally a pain to put up. I know no bloke really likes to ask for too much help but the guys there if they have put one up and if there are any tips. If not and I know it sounds stupid but follow the instructions. Would be worth checking what they are like because some that I have seen half written in chinese,,,Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by clubbyr8 View Post

Been looking at this:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Covo71 For This Useful Post:

SonOf (7th May 2015)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234