Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo Leaking Oil

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think that will be the rear door they need to be adjusted or tape wrapped around it,
    Have a search for a fix should be there saw it only recently
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers! 1 last question I have seen NADS being mentioned a lot! Is this mainly for early ZD30s or is it better to be safe than sorry on all?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman2603 View Post
    Cheers! 1 last question I have seen NADS being mentioned a lot! Is this mainly for early ZD30s or is it better to be safe than sorry on all?
    Supposed to be fixed in the GU 3 GU4 era but better to be safe IMO.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Dman2603 (21st March 2015)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cheers ET I just did some research & came to the same conclusion!!

So on that note check the oil immediately??

On another note. When approaching 3000+ revs the open door light comes on, on the dash! Dodgy electrics? & when door open interior light doesn't come on but flashes when door is closed! & does work when put to on position!

Cheers for all the help guys!! Still kind of regretting this at the moment!!
    If your turbo if fubar and needs replacing, Forefront industries do a new turbo with a billet impellor fitted. Supposed to give faster spool up etc etc, but they are only around the $800 mark, compared to around $1500 for a genuine one. Plus they warrant their stuff too.
    Your rear door issue. Unbolt the lower catch that is on the body of the car and turn it upside down. Ifs more than likely worn out, this and the dove tail bumper stop is probably too. Common thing on the Patrols....
    As 4bye4 mentioned... But its not about being safer on the later motors, although it has happened to a members later DI Patrol (The big bang), its more about taking control over from the ECU at what a miserable job it does on controlling the turbo. Even the CRD's benefit greatly from these two valves. Block the EGR too. Those are engine chokers...

And you've come from a Clubsport. Did you lose a bet or something?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Dman2603 (21st March 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    And you've come from a Clubsport. Did you lose a bet or something?
    Bahahaha yeah nah mate! Just fancied a change! You can't go fast anymore or you loose your car & licence! & I'm just getting abit too old to be still called a boy racer!! I would now prefer to explore off-road!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dman2603 For This Useful Post:

Hodge (21st March 2015), mudski (21st March 2015)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers ET I just did some research & came to the same conclusion!!

So on that note check the oil immediately??

On another note. When approaching 3000+ revs the open door light comes on, on the dash! Dodgy electrics? & when door open interior light doesn't come on but flashes when door is closed! & does work when put to on position!

Cheers for all the help guys!! Still kind of regretting this at the moment!!
    My new 2006 GU 3.0 came with a faulty door light setup--turns out the door was too far from the switch. I put some double sided tape on the door where it touches the switch--problem solved
    GU IV 2006; 3.0 DDi ST-S; Nissan Snorkel, Bull Bar and Tow Bar; Warn 8,000# Winch with Dyneema rope; Auber EGT, Boost and dual Battery gauges; Provent 200; Dual Batteries; Three Dogs recovery points; Rear Springs +20% load; Outback drawers and Cargo Barrier; UHF; [GPS, Radio, CD, Bluetooth, SD, USB] floor extension; Alloy roof rack
    "Smart people know what they don't know"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12