Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entire 4WD training

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bummer... they don't do accredited training.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just changed your title of thread 2 the correct name
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a nice neat looking site that lays out what his offerings are. Looks pretty professional. Good to hear he was offering good quality course.

The pricing seems reasonable, but to me does highlight the benefits of joining a club. Get family membership and both partners doing at least the basic training for half the price of the commercial course. After that you still have the other benefits of membership as well. Steer clear of a bit of the politics and it's all a win.
    Thanks, Cameron
    No Patrol now - Just good memories!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Entire 4WD Training does not come up on a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) search. Maybe only newly registered - but if they are not an RTO I can't see how they can run accredited training.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsGU View Post
    Entire 4WD Training does not come up on a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) search. Maybe only newly registered - but if they are not an RTO I can't see how they can run accredited training.
    They can't, but they don't claim to run accredited courses either so fair enough.

I only do accredited training 'in house' due to rules imposed by my RTO, IE if the candidate isn't a member/employee of the RTO they won't provide venues, issue certificates, participant insurance cover, etc.

I always have people asking if I can help with a competency and, as I cannot officially do so or sign off assessments thru my RTO, I like to stay aware of who is out there so I can refer people on.

There is a place for informal, non-accredited training (assuming all other business requirements are met and no false claims made)and indeed a quite high demand and therefore a number of providers run casual day and weekend 'training outings' here in WA.

Most, but not all, will usually give attendees a glossy little Cert of Attendance or whatever.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

megatexture (18th March 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    They can't, but they don't claim to run accredited courses either so fair enough.

I only do accredited training 'in house' due to rules imposed by my RTO, IE if the candidate isn't a member/employee of the RTO they won't provide venues, issue certificates, participant insurance cover, etc.

I always have people asking if I can help with a competency and, as I cannot officially do so or sign off assessments thru my RTO, I like to stay aware of who is out there so I can refer people on.

There is a place for informal, non-accredited training (assuming all other business requirements are met and no false claims made)and indeed a quite high demand and therefore a number of providers run casual day and weekend 'training outings' here in WA.

Most, but not all, will usually give attendees a glossy little Cert of Attendance or whatever.
    Yep - you are spot on. I was employed by an accredited 4WD RTO for years and we could certify people. Our Club offers training which is in line with accredited training guide lines - but we do not claim to be accredited. Also our Club training is called 4 Wheel Drive familiarisation - so no one can be led to believe that they are in any way accredited. We looked into becoming an RTO but the cost and ongoing compliance requirements made it too difficult.

I am surprised that Entire 4WD train emergency service providers as I thought they would have to be certified.

In short though - just because a trainer is not certified - it does not mean that their training is not of a high quality.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BillsGU For This Useful Post:

threedogs (18th March 2015)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12