Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Entire 4WD training

G'day everyone.

Just wanted to share my experience with 'Entire 4WD training'.

Went out and did a beginners course as I'm pretty new to it and had an absolute blast!!

Gavin the trainer was awesome, he wasn't a 'cowboy' and didn't teach you how to put your foot flat and charge through anything you see, taught us how to be cool calm and collect out on the tracks, showed us the rite and wrong ways of doing things aswell.

The one on one time was great and he knew the limitations of everyone's car and that was awesome. I will defiantly be going out with him again.

Cheers.
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 17th March 2015 at 08:11 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kempy For This Useful Post:

Clunk (17th March 2015), IronVoid (11th May 2015), oncedisturbed (17th March 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    good way to learn by the sound of it and not pick up bad habits
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 7,401 Times in 2,994 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on you Gavin. I just booked up for an accredited 2 day 4wd course - cost was membership of my local 4wd club. All in all a bit of a bargain I think. Course is in April. I’ve had good feedback on how they are run, sounds similar to yours. I’m definitely looking forward to it.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Good on you Gavin. I just booked up for an accredited 2 day 4wd course - cost was membership of my local 4wd club. All in all a bit of a bargain I think. Course is in April. I’ve had good feedback on how they are run, sounds similar to yours. I’m definitely looking forward to it.
    That's the way to do it. Most 4WD Clubs have excellent training courses - and most of them are free to members. Not only that but you have an instant "pool" of like minded people to go on adventures with.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,094 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is the training done in your own car, or in a car they provide ?
    2005 TD42TI

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In your own car mate, he has abit of a training ground in gosnells for sand then take you up to the power lines in mundaring.. You can tackle as big or as little as you want and he coaches you through all of it, top bloke and top course. I will be booking in on his advance course next time it's on for sure

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kempy For This Useful Post:

Dman2603 (17th March 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,401 Times in 2,994 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In your own car ...... at least in my case & I suspect most club based training. No idea about commercial courses.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempy View Post
    G'day everyone.

Just wanted to share my experience with 'entire 4x4 training'.

Went out and did a beginners course as I'm pretty new to it and had an absolute blast!!

Gavin the trainer was awesome, he wasn't a 'cowboy' and didn't teach you how to put your foot flat and charge through anything you see, taught us how to be cool calm and collect out on the tracks, showed us the rite and wrong ways of doing things aswell.

The one on one time was great and he knew the limitations of everyone's car and that was awesome. I will defiantly be going out with him again.

Cheers.
    Never heard of them... do they have a website or something?
    How did you get hold of them?
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ditto ET'S post. I googled them but came up zero.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Through facebook guys just search them on there under 'entire 4WD training' probably would have helped if I put the rite name on my post hahaha I will edit it now

This is the website for them http://www.entire4wd.com.au

I did the all terrain course but for some people that are abit more experienced they mite find it boring, I didn't as I'm abit of a novice. I will be doing the advanced bush course down in Brunswick next
    Last edited by Kempy; 17th March 2015 at 07:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast