Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suspension ??

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so now I sit wonderring if I should be ordering the progressive or linear TD springs , anyone got experience with both? I don't want anything heavier or stiffer than std. I don't have bars etc etc, do they make progressive with no extra weight? or are the lightest progessives +250?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowerbird View Post
    so now I sit wonderring if I should be ordering the progressive or linear TD springs , anyone got experience with both? I don't want anything heavier or stiffer than std. I don't have bars etc etc, do they make progressive with no extra weight? or are the lightest progessives +250?
    Just order standard rate springs if it's standard rate your after but like the standard spings on your vehicle they are limited to how they perform. Depending on what your going to be useing it for i.e touring, playing on the tracks etc or just driving the family around then use this to decide on what you will purchase. Firstly the idea behind progressive is a bit of both worlds. This means when your driving the kids to school or doing the shopping unladen they are soft and comfy not hard like constant load springs then when you load the vehicle up they sag until the coils get to the point when the soft part of the coils compress then the change in spring rate take the wait and act like a constant load spring would in a permanently loaded tourer. Secondly If it's a soft ride with flex your after for articulation for better off-road ability order Flexi coils but these don't handle the wait as well as there designed to compress and expand easy to give better articulation. Lastly If it's just a large family car for shuttling purposes around town don't bother spending any money and stay with the standard setup as it's pointless getting a lift as you need to adjust caster etc and it's a waste of cash as your standard set up will serve you well and do the little bit of off off roading these vehicles usually encounter. So decide what your after then call your preferred supplier discuss it with them and happy travels.
    Remember laughter is the best medicine. If you don't laugh you die.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Patrol grub For This Useful Post:

Winnie (17th March 2015)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12