User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: got my insurance money.. now..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only place i aint done is standley chasm, redbank gorge and henbury meteorites in the west macs - once ive done them i'll venture out into the east macs which im looking forward to as it is drier and has lots of sacred sites with rock art.. should be amazing!

then i'll leave kings canyon and uluru for a good five day trip through both!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats at 18 bath street?

it is a factory 4.2 from what i know.. i'll upload some engine pictures later..

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bbb go out on the Glen Helen road and when you are about to cross the Hugh Rv crossing take the gravel road along the range on your right and follow that all the way back to the Macs .Two places to see right hand fork when your nearly up to the range is Fish hole and just back from there is Hugh Gorge left fork .Pm me for more spots.
    U have 4 choices in life :U can like it; lump it; love it or shove it, take your pick and stick to it !

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    18 Bath st was my old haunt probably not there now
    Dont forget to go out Finke way, there is a guy in town
    who makes furniture from the redgum sleepers from the old Ghan lin
    Polished 100yr old redgum MMMMMmmmmmmmmm
    OOI how much is diesel??
    Last edited by threedogs; 12th May 2015 at 09:39 AM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

6. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

bishbashbosh (13th May 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bishbashbosh View Post
    only place i aint done is standley chasm, redbank gorge and henbury meteorites in the west macs - once ive done them i'll venture out into the east macs which im looking forward to as it is drier and has lots of sacred sites with rock art.. should be amazing!

then i'll leave kings canyon and uluru for a good five day trip through both!
    Tylers Pass lookout & Tnorala is worth a visit if you haven’t made it there yet. http://www.nt.gov.au/westmacs/places/tnorala.
    Serpentine Gorge is worth the walk...... possible to find some beautiful little quiet spots on the water to chill out for a while.
    Redbank Gorge is worth the swim - it’ll be cold though. We got told of snakes in the water but didn’t see any - go right to the end.
    Howards lookout (aka Point Howard - drive up a rise on the left somewhere along Larapinta Drive - bitumen) gives great views right along the West Macs & good for an overnight stop (no facilities but an amazing place to wake up for brekkie).

When you get out to Uluru - the ‘Valley of the Winds’ walk through Kata Tjuta is an absolute must - it is truly spectacular!

I’m envious - loved that part of the country & want to exlpore a lot more out there - beyond the main tourist spots. East & West Macs are both great, but I prefer the West.

I’m led to believe the drive out to Boggy Hole is a very enjoyable adventure with good camping (despite it’s name)....... it’s on my ‘to do’ list.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boggy Hole is a great spot follow the Hugh down too the Junction water hole and when you drop into the Finke just keep going . Best to go with a local to pick up the turn off or go the conservation commission and see read their instructions . Fill the tanks up you can end up at the henbry meteorite craters heavey slog though sand though .
    Last edited by dads tractor; 13th May 2015 at 01:31 AM.
    U have 4 choices in life :U can like it; lump it; love it or shove it, take your pick and stick to it !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dads tractor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3D - diesel at the shell is 1.39 and has not changed since i arrived - strange as other stations seem to be much more and go up and down!

Cuppa redbank and goose bluff is on my list - i've done the rest in west mac - although i did not swim in Serpentine Gorge due to the traditional owners dreaming. the west macs are indeed amazing.. but i'm excited for the east as there is lots of rock art!

DT - boggy i've heard is good but would not do it alone - have read horror stories although the traditional owners have used the rent money to install mobile hotspots along the route for 'tourists' using the track who become stranded.

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch out for dark spots in damp areas you will be digging and sinking for awhile they are like quick sand .drop the tyre pressures down to 15_18 psi go to low range and use the whole box you will nail it .

http://www.parksandwildlife.nt.gov.a...-4WD-Route.pdf

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dads tractor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bloody looks nerve racking.. ummm.. things to do list!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910