Thread: Dual Battery Monitors

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 89GQ View Post
    On the link switch that stays off unless you have a flat start batt. then turn it too on to link aux. for starting! So will stay in the off position unless flat stert batt. The batt. 1 and 2 switch shows start as no.1 and aux. at no. 2 Its a three position switch so in the middle nothing shows , its off. The LED light stays on showing batteries are both joined to receive charge! Mine stayed on all night cause the start didn't drop to 12.7V where the redark isolates the batts.
    Cool, thats what I thought...

and, yeah, I've seen good batteries hold a Smart Relay for yoinks if there is no current drain to bring the resting Voltage down. As you mention the drop out is 12.7 or thereabouts depending on whose Smart Relay you use but a lot of people think that the Relay will also drop out at the drop in value of 13.2 or more.

Put a 12 V flashing led in there... people will think its the Theft Alarm... Hehehehe
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does look like an alarm sort off at night. It would make them think twice i rekon. With the relay drop-out! All manufacturers are different when i installed the redarc i rang them about it and they said they can change it too what you want! 12.7's OK but probably 13 would be better. Im'e down the road from where they make them here in SA might call in one day and go 13V Dropout. Then you really know youre start batts got enough juice in it.
    89 GQ TD 42

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet looks great
    Cheers Andrew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12