User Tag List

Thread: checking for cv damage

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

checking for cv damage

Gday guys im about to do my swivel hubs and while I have it all apart I wanted to run my eyes over everything that goes back in so it doesnt go bang after 100ks.im doing this rebuild for the first time and qant to make sure all my bases are covered. My main concern was for the cv's so is there any tell tale signs I should keep an eye out for while its all apart?
    Cheers
    Steve
    1989 Ford Maverick: TB42s Carby, Snorkel, 3" king spring suspension lift, 2" body lift, aftermarket extractors, 33x12.5 mickey t MTZ's, 2.5: Sports Exhaust

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Slight chipping adjacent to the bearings in the outer cage is a give away. Also a CV that has got hot will expand and become right. If it is tight in its operation then it could be ready to go too.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.