Thread: Kimberley May 2015

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kimberley May 2015

Hi,
    My wife and I are traveling to the Kimberley in Mid May for 6-7 weeks via the Tanami Track and Gibb River Road.

I have my GU III 3 litre wagon pretty well set up, but also have fitted underbody protection, steel brush guard and front diff.

Do i need to fit a rear pinion guard?

Any recommendations appreciated.

Also, my wife is keen to find any "secret" spots you might know to recommend.
    Last edited by AJTich; 22nd February 2015 at 03:15 PM.
    AJTich
    2004 GUIII, white ST, 3.0L manual wagon, NADS,EGT/Boost,Water Temp/Oil Press gauges, drawers, UHF, stubby cooler on the 4WD selector...
    "I don't get bogged, I have unplanned 4WD training activities..."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're going to be in that area mid-June, Tanami / Gibb.. I don't have any recommendations as we're going that way for the first time via a road.
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,976 Times in 3,173 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did that trip last year and had a great time, did it over 6 weeks and would have liked an extra couple of weeks.

I did a trip report that you can read if you like.
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Kimberley-Trip

There is not a real need for a rear pinion guard, just need to be careful with wheel placement on a few tracks.
    I would recommend going up the Dampier Peninsula if you have the time, I spent a week up there and there is plenty to see and less people.

Sections of the Tanami were very corrugated when we went, hopefully they may have graded it for you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

HuskyInAuz (7th May 2015)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting together a list of spares and I guess tyres. Have new Toyo HT's on now, just wondering if I need ATII's or ?
    Also what about extra shocks, my Amanda's are about a year old with little use, CT are standard PRC stuff which I'm going to pull off and replace with something.
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.